cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV not loading - coloured bubbles rotating on screen continually

Can anyone advise why Now TV isn't loading. All I am getting is a black screen with the coloured bubbles rotating continually. I don't believe I am the only user with issue. Please advise ASAP. Have unplugged box and plugged it back in. This has not helped.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Messaged NowTv and they've advised that it will take 24 - 48 hrs to get back to me on this but "normally it doesn't take that long". In the interim, I'm paying for a subscription I can't access and don't know when I will get access to it. I don't see how that's fair or right.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Have you tried a Hard Reset of your NOW TV Box ?

If your still gettting same issue, can you change the wireless chanel of your broadband router to 11 for me and then repeat the above step.

Thanks

Andy

Steve2334
Scholar

Excuse me for jumping in - is Channel 11 a preferred setting for the Now TV box? I have intermittent problems with my wi fi. Game Of Thrones was ruined on live tv yesterday by the programme freezing with the coloured bubbles etc. If anyone has any advice I'd be grateful - thanks.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Steve2334

@Steve2334 wrote:

is Channel 11 a preferred setting for the Now TV box? 

Not necessarily, but for equipment which runs on 2.4 GHz wifi networks, like the NOW TV white box, it's preferable to be connected to a wifi network on channel 1, 6 or 11 as these are the only non-overlapping channels, and so cause/are susceptible to less interference with other networks. 

Ideally all routers in an area would choose 1, 6 or 11 and space these out equally to reduce the way they interfere with each other, In practise neighbours won't coordinate with each other and routers will happily choose any channel that they think is the least congested, which over time (as routers are turned on and off or users change channels and network channels mix up) can be the cause of poor wifi performance.

I would suggest you try channels 1, 6 or 11 and see if one seems to perform best for you.

Many routers now choose which channel they think is best when they boot up which (whilst not ideal as they don't always get it right and they often just choose any of the channels rather than sticking to 1, 6 or 11) means you can just power down your router and then power up again to see if that helps.

If you're quite techy you could also use something like inSSIDer to survey the wifi networks in your area and use that to judge which channel might work best for you.

If you have the black NOW TV box you might also get better performance by connecting to the router with an Ethernet cable or if your router supports it connecting to a 5GHz network instead.

Steve2334
Scholar

^ Thank you very much Andy, I will give that a try.