cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV box won't see my local network.

Hello, I am having problems with my NowTV box.

It won't connect to my home network any longer. It stopped about 3 days ago. It had connected up until that point. I have tried all the trouble shooting steps on the NowTV website. I have performed a hard reset - all to no joy.

It can see other wireless networks - just not my own. The funny thing is my NowTV box has been working fine for the last nine months or so. 

I haven't changed any network settings. (The only thing I have done is changed the network channel - after this problem started!)

I've tried the pings setting on my NowTV box as well.

Any ideas from anyone?

13 REPLIES 13
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Is your router set up to not broadcast the wireless SSID? If so, after your hard reset you would need to enter the SSID manually.

Also is the box a long way from the router, and are other devices connecting to the router ok? It's possible you may have changed the wireless channel to a congested one, leading to your signal being degraded by other wifi networks nearby. You could try setting your wireless channel to Auto which in theory should mean it picks the best channel. 1, 6 and 11 are good channels to choose but other wifi networks may already be using these.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My router is setup to broadcast its SSID. I have even tried manually entering the network name without any success. The box is in the next room and other devices have no problem connecting to the router. 

I have the router setup to use a manual channel. I use an app on my phone to view the congested channels. I had already chosen the least congested channel. I have now moved to the second least congested channel without any success.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

It's best to stick to with either channel 1, 6 or 11, whichever one of those looks least congested. If you use intermediate channels you'll end up causing interference with other networks.

When making changes to your router settings, make sure your wifi is not just broadcasting on 5GHz, the NOW TV Box only picks up 2.4GHz networks.

I'd be tempted to also try one more reset of the box - with the box powered up, press a pin into the reset button at the back and hold in until you see the box restart itself.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any solution to your problem yet?  I'm experiencing the same thing, both my boxes just stopped connecting or even finding my network... Was working perfectly fine for at least 6 months and out of the blue having this issue...  Could it have been caused by a background software update? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User what WiFi channel does your router broadcast? Try lowering it to 11 or under if possible (looks like there might be a bug with the latest firmware if you are running 6.1)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
You are a superstar! I had it on 13, then changed to 12 and still didn't
work. Not that you've provided this details, I've changed it to 11 and it
instantly worked!! Thank you so much!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you!  I have been tearing my hair out reseting and repositioning my NowTV box for the past week trying everything to get this to work again. I had exactly the same issue. Working fine then just stopped seeing my network while still seeing others around me. Changed router channel from 12 to 11 and bingo! Fixed! Thanks 🙂

Has this been reported to NowTV as a bug?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Englishhaze wrote:

Has this been reported to NowTV as a bug?

@Anonymous User they are aware http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Issues-connecting-to-WiFi-networks-on-NOW-TV-Box/td-p/288753

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box still don't work there is nothing with my internet as I've just called them tried all the trouble shooting guides this is unacceptable any other suggestions I can try please getting very annoyed now