cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV box stuck on logo screen

Just read the comments. Today tried to set up new smart box and started OK but after trying to auto update it got so far and froze. All internet etc working fine and connection via ethernet cable. Contacted Now TV help and after trying all suggestions from them they advised to take it back to the retailer. Not sure if I will bother getting a replacement as it seems this thing is unreliable. A refund and BT TV will be better.
8 REPLIES 8
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

That's certainly most unusual.

My 'smart' box has been working perfectly since the product was launched. I don't use the Freeview tuner side of the device, only the NOW TV player device side...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I wasn't trying to use the aerial part either, just streaming and nothing worked. Thanks for replying.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

As with any product, sometimes they are faulty. I've just had this happen to me today with an electric panel heater from Argos!

Anyway, it's entirely up to you if you want to try a replacement 'smart' box. I'm very happy with mine 😉 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

... I've just had this happen to me today with an electric panel heater from Argos!

Good news... Argos are delivering a new panel heater to me this evening Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I have ordered a new one for tomorrow. Will post what happens, good or bad. Cheers T.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I posted on Saturday that I had problems setting up what was after all a faulty Smart Box. Got replacement yesterday and all is now great. Now TV have given me an extra month free entertainment pass as I lost some days and as a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience. All good. Trev.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Great news! Enjoy! 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
...Got replacement yesterday and all is now great. 

That's excellent news Trev Smiley Happy