cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV box not working!!

My box seems to start working ie starts with the purple background animated opening but then the screen goes blank. I have tried disconnecting everything and resetting the box but still nothing. No previous problems with it in the last 8 months and I haven't changed anything like internet connection or anything that may cause problems.
2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Screen goes completely black? Is the light on the front blinking when you press a button on the remote? And can you hear the confirmation beeps when you press buttons on the remote (assuming you haven't turned them off)?

If you have another TV you can connect the box try connecting it to that and see if the same thing happens - if you get a picture on the second TV try going into Settings and changing the Display Type to 720p and confirming this. Then move back to the first TV and see if this fixes it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I can still hear beeps from the remote and yes to light blinking on the front.
I don't have another TV to test it on but that's a good idea so I'll take it to my mates to try.