Now box not connecting to wifi
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot not connect now TV box to wifi
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Is this for the white box?

Also does it pick up your router at all or are you getting any error messages?

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User would you mind saying exactly what is happening?  What internet provider are you using?  How are you trying to connect?  I am of course assuming you are in the UK.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now TV box froze this morning and has not come back on. Re-booted the rooter twice and now now being able to receive bbc channel on free view but more to the point no NOW TV. Has your system went down by any chance? Not the service I would expect for paying for
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  the white box doesn't have freeview are you using the Iplayer app to watch BBC or do you have a smart box?  Either way these would not be linked to Now servers.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You mention Freeview in your post are you using the new smart box with the inbuilt Freeview TV tuner ?

If so the Freeview channels don't need an internet connection you should be able to watch with a TV aerial connected to the box.

If you have lost both the Freeview channels and the NowTV channels via the internet than perhaps try a factory reset by going into the smart box menu settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your NOW TV Box.

Can you confirm what type of NOW TV box you have?

Are you able to try resetting the box via the pin-hole button on the back?

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cant connect to wireless network.
Check following (error code 014.12)
Router is on.
Password is entered correctly
Router blocking unknown MAC addresses
(add MAC address DC:3A:5E:8E:BC:FB)?
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  are you using Virgin by chance?