cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Now TV box keeps crashing

@Cheesemonger please don't tell me you have been paying simply to use the box? I hope you have been watching Now content. You could try removing apps that you don't use.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

Highlighted

We were using the box to make an old TV a little smarter in the 2nd bedroom.
Seeing as the box is essentially now a glorified coaster, we use now TV app through the Apple TV box, the layout is much better and I find easier to search. Need to find a solution to accessing bbc/itv/4od on an older TV. To be honest probably stick to mirroring an ipad through Apple TV.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Now TV Box keeps restarting with freeview apps

Hi there, I have been having exactly the same problem as Nelloni was - mainly with BBC and All 4 - I don't have any problems with the movies that I watch with my movie package.  If I buy a new box (my current white box is around 2 years old), how will it affect my current subscription - will I have to start all over again?  Sorry if it sounds like a silly question, but I could do without the faff.  Thanks

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @egc_1972

Buying a new box would not reset your subscription all you would have to do is log in with your current details and continue with your current passes.

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@egc_1972 wrote:

... If I buy a new box (my current white box is around 2 years old), how will it affect my current subscription - will I have to start all over again?  

No, not at all @egc_1972,

After connecting your new NOW TV playback device to your network all you have to do is log into your NOW TV account using the exact same details as your existing NOW TV playback device.

As you may or may not be aware, the NOW TV service permits you to register up-to four NOW TV playback devices and view their service on up-to two NOW TV playback devices at the same time on one NOW TV account. You can find out which devices you currently have registered by selecting the: 'My Account' button and accessing 'Manage Devices'.

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
Highlighted
Advocate

How would you claim the entertainment pass included in the new box if you already have a subscription? E.g. new box inc 2 month pass, but already paying 7.99 by dd, do you not get the 'free' 2 month pass? Hope that makes sense!
Ps even my sky sports news app has started freezing now but at least that's not crashed yet!
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Charliebucket2

Welcome to the forum. Just go to your My Account > My Passes page

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

and click the apply a voucher link in the entertainment pass section. Once applied the 2 month offer kicks in when your current month pass ends, giving you the next two months free.

After that your normal monthly payments will resume again (or you could always apply another voucher before that one runs out, NOW TV sell 3 months for £15 Ent gift cards at PayPal digital gifts, Argos, Currys, Game etc)

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Why did you ask about the LG smart TV? Is this relevant? I've got one ...and the white box which is acting up now too whenever I use the all4 app. The all4 programmes crash usually after the first commercial break and I have to start watching anew. So annoying!!! Do I need to upgrade my white Now TV box n get the black one? Thanks in advance!
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Unable to stream, buffering constantly.

the picture goes blurred and my box is constantly buffereing just wondered how to fix this

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

Re: Unable to stream, buffering constantly.

Now tv is practically unusable. Constant buffering. How do Netflix manage it? No problems, can watch without the constant entering of username etc. Now TV is a waste of money. 

0 Thanks