cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Box turns off

Hi yes ive tried that... its just strange because i have 2 boxes in different rooms and it happens to both πŸ˜” thanks though
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Box turns off

Hi i have had my boxes for a while and they do connect wirelessly to my router but my friend has a black box that she bought recently and it does exactly the same thingπŸ˜”
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Now TV box keeps crashing

I have the same issue. I have a white box that crashes every time i try to watch a programme. It seems that last update has made the white box unusable.

This does not seem fair. Is there any way to get the white box to work before i cancel my package and look for a service that actually works?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

Re: Now TV box keeps crashing

@HayleyMKent

Hi Welcome to the fourm.

have you exhausted all our troubleshooting steps? 

also make sure the box isnt being disturbed by any other eletrical equipment and there is no objects sitting on top of it, as that can cause damage with the hard drive inside the box. 

also try updating the software in settings to see if that helps. 

Thanks
Nadine-K
The Now TV Team πŸ™‚
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Box keeps turning off

Ok - so it appears the problem is the BBC iPlayer update. Yes the remote works perfectly prior to the system crashing - it is NOT a 'hibernate' mode - it can't possibly be given that I am WATCHING A MOVIE when it happens. The duration is set to the maximum. I knew a 'full factrory reset' would be a complete waste of time and it was - all that happened is it again tried (and failed) to install the BBC iPlayer, during which process the box crashes. This requires the power to be cycled in order to bring back up. Now I am back to the thing crashing after ~5 minutes of uptime. I want to prevent the iPlayer installation as I have NO USE for it on this device - every free-sat and TV in the house has this!

AS far as I can see the only options I have are:

1. Bin the white box and spring thee cash for a black box (nice - force the consumer to essentially buy THE SAME THING TWICE for NO GOOD REASON thereby doubling the profits of the manufacturer with ZERO EFFORT)

2. Bin the white box and use the NowTV app - which a cursory glance at the Internet will show has it's own unique set of problems / deficiencies.

3. Cancel my subscription and close my account RIGHT NOW. And bin the white box.

See a pattern emerging there?

So as far as I can see every white box on the planet is on it's way to a landfilll site. Nice - And the box looks physically too small to take an rPi board - which is about the only useful thing I could think of to do with it..,..

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Fabi,

How long have you had your 'white' NOW TV box? It might have reached the end of it's useful life Smiley Sad

The original white boxes are really showing their age now as their processing power is pretty limited when it comes to running some of todays third-party apps (ie: BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, RedBull, YouTube, etc) . Some people have had some success deleting apps and/or reseting their white boxes to free up memory. However, if the problem persits you're probably better off treating yourself to the newer 'black' NOW TV box.

By contrast, the 'black' boxes which were released in Aug 2015 offer twice the RAM memory and a faster 'dual' core CPU. And can be connected to the internet via WiFi or wired ethernet.

If you're interested Argos currently have the following 'bundle' offers. Effectively the new box will cost you nothing and you get either the 'Entertainment' or 'Cinema' service a wacking good discount: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 3 Months 'Entertainment' voucher at Β£12.49

NOW TV 'black' box with 2 months 'Cinema' voucher at Β£12.49

Cheers

β€’ TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  β€’ ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ β€’
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Champion 2

@SeeMoreDigital @Fabi @schnapps

Guys

I was a former white box owner and so when it started to turn itself off on on, after 2 years of service, and could no longer handle YouTube, and a few other apps, properly then that's when I knew it was time to upgrade to the black box.

You may not believe this but I am not one to upgrade for upgrade sake, as long as my IT Kit can do what I want, when I want, I will not change any part of my Kit just because there is a "shiny" new upgrade available.

However, there comes a time when you have to cut your loses and upgrade if you want to keep using the service your old hardware can no longer efficiently provide, and that is the white box it's viability as a hardware device has long gone.

UK Bob

Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Roku white box crashing

Mine does the same!!

And trying to do a live chat on the help page is useless as this crashes too!!!!

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Re: Now TV constantly resetting

My now to box consistently resets during 4OD programming. Have yet to finish watching a full Grand Prix.
Any advice?
0 Thanks
Highlighted

Re: Now TV constantly resetting

Screen goes black, now tv logo appears
0 Thanks