cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV box keeps crashing

My NOW TV box keeps crashing mid-way through programs which is so irritating. My box is now 2 years old. Has it reached the end of its life? I've done the reset and updated to most recent software but keeps happening...any help would be appreciated
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yes I'm using an HDMI cable and use Virgin fibre optic. I'll go and browse tomorrow at new boxes.

Indeed it does @Anonymous User

Your topic has therefore been moved from the 'NOW TV 'black' box' area of the forum to the 'NOW TV 'white' box' area of the forum...

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I am guessing you are using the standard nowtv black box which should be fine in normal circumstances running the latest UI software, Its the nowtv white box that is a bit long in tooth nowadays, due to less processing power under the hood and does seem to struggle with the newer more UI power hungry apps.

Are you using a WiFi or hard wired Ethernet connection to the nowtv box (Where particular possible try using a Ethernet connection which will give you a more stable streaming feed to the box). 

If you are using WiFi, perhaps looking at the settings in your Router ie changing WiFI channels etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

My box is a white box if that makes a difference?!

I'm running off wifi. When you say about changing wifi channels, what exactly does that mean?

Thanks!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yeah, in my opinion the white box is now a little outdated and seems to be more buggy and temperamental with the latest UI software.

Personally, if it was me i would invest in a new nowtv black box and take advantage of the voucher code that comes included in the box from Retailers such has Argos etc (assuming you are using a HDMI cable to your existing TV).

What is the make and model of your Router and what broadband speed do you get at your house ?

Hopefully, some other helpful forum members on here will give you some further assistance with your current white box to get you back up and running.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your help.

Yes I'm using an HDMI cable and use Virgin fibre optic. I'll go and browse tomorrow at new boxes.

Thanks

Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately i am on BT and not familiar with your Virgin Router Smiley Sad

Before going out to look at a new nowtv black box perhaps somebody else on here will come up with some further suggestion for you to check.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Indeed it does @Anonymous User

Your topic has therefore been moved from the 'NOW TV 'black' box' area of the forum to the 'NOW TV 'white' box' area of the forum...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well thank you for your help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. I have a white box that crashes every time i try to watch a programme. It seems that last update has made the white box unusable.

This does not seem fair. Is there any way to get the white box to work before i cancel my package and look for a service that actually works?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Welcome to the fourm.

have you exhausted all our troubleshooting steps? 

also make sure the box isnt being disturbed by any other eletrical equipment and there is no objects sitting on top of it, as that can cause damage with the hard drive inside the box. 

also try updating the software in settings to see if that helps.