cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV box keeps crashing

My NOW TV box keeps crashing mid-way through programs which is so irritating. My box is now 2 years old. Has it reached the end of its life? I've done the reset and updated to most recent software but keeps happening...any help would be appreciated
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yes I'm using an HDMI cable and use Virgin fibre optic. I'll go and browse tomorrow at new boxes.

Indeed it does @Anonymous User

Your topic has therefore been moved from the 'NOW TV 'black' box' area of the forum to the 'NOW TV 'white' box' area of the forum...

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am aware that they have no control but Im sorry they should not sell it as a package. They advertise that their boxes work with all these apps so they have to take some responsibility fior them not working or they are falsely advertising their boxes.

I have two white boxes both bought at different times. The problem only started when Now TV did an update so are you saying they caused the problem for people with white boxes making them have to upgrade? Seems that way to me.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also I'm not prepared to buy two black boxes would rather look at something different which is a shame as been with Now TV for many many years.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital @Anonymous User

Hi CE

If you read my post, which is about 5 or 6 posts above yours, you will see that no matter what digital streaming device you buy it will only last 2 - 3 years, that's just the way the IT world rolls.

Please note, if you want examples of churning that's readily available look at how many models of Apple iPhones are released every year, or any other huge consumer brand of computer based items.

However, as a savvy customer you are free to choose your own way.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you will have a look at some more modern technology available since I made my decision to choose Now Tv
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Shame as I was using the white box for the apps on an older TV in the 2nd bedroom.
Time to cancel the Now TV payments, been fun.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User please don't tell me you have been paying simply to use the box? I hope you have been watching Now content. You could try removing apps that you don't use.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We were using the box to make an old TV a little smarter in the 2nd bedroom.
Seeing as the box is essentially now a glorified coaster, we use now TV app through the Apple TV box, the layout is much better and I find easier to search. Need to find a solution to accessing bbc/itv/4od on an older TV. To be honest probably stick to mirroring an ipad through Apple TV.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How would you claim the entertainment pass included in the new box if you already have a subscription? E.g. new box inc 2 month pass, but already paying 7.99 by dd, do you not get the 'free' 2 month pass? Hope that makes sense!
Ps even my sky sports news app has started freezing now but at least that's not crashed yet!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Just go to your My Account > My Passes page

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

and click the apply a voucher link in the entertainment pass section. Once applied the 2 month offer kicks in when your current month pass ends, giving you the next two months free.

After that your normal monthly payments will resume again (or you could always apply another voucher before that one runs out, NOW TV sell 3 months for £15 Ent gift cards at PayPal digital gifts, Argos, Currys, Game etc)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why did you ask about the LG smart TV? Is this relevant? I've got one ...and the white box which is acting up now too whenever I use the all4 app. The all4 programmes crash usually after the first commercial break and I have to start watching anew. So annoying!!! Do I need to upgrade my white Now TV box n get the black one? Thanks in advance!