cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV box keeps crashing

My NOW TV box keeps crashing mid-way through programs which is so irritating. My box is now 2 years old. Has it reached the end of its life? I've done the reset and updated to most recent software but keeps happening...any help would be appreciated
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yes I'm using an HDMI cable and use Virgin fibre optic. I'll go and browse tomorrow at new boxes.

Indeed it does @Anonymous User

Your topic has therefore been moved from the 'NOW TV 'black' box' area of the forum to the 'NOW TV 'white' box' area of the forum...

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

... If I buy a new box (my current white box is around 2 years old), how will it affect my current subscription - will I have to start all over again?  

No, not at all @Anonymous User,

After connecting your new NOW TV playback device to your network all you have to do is log into your NOW TV account using the exact same details as your existing NOW TV playback device.

As you may or may not be aware, the NOW TV service permits you to register up-to four NOW TV playback devices and view their service on up-to two NOW TV playback devices at the same time on one NOW TV account. You can find out which devices you currently have registered by selecting the: 'My Account' button and accessing 'Manage Devices'.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My white box reboots just afer I put iPlayer on, but after the reboot we just go back to iPlayer and it works fine.

I have 4 white boxes one in each room.

Do the black boxes have anything extra over the white ones or are they just the same with more memory?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Do the black boxes have anything extra over the white ones or are they just the same with more memory?

The 'black' boxes have double the CPU speed of the 'white' boxes, so app navigation and their operation is faster and more stable. They also offer an ethernet port (for wired internet connections) as well as wi-fi. 

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now to box consistently resets during 4OD programming. Have yet to finish watching a full Grand Prix.
Any advice?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Screen goes black, now tv logo appears
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you seeing a bouncing around NowTV logo on your screen ?

If so, go into the box menu settings and switch off the screen saver feature.

Obviously please ignore my post if it is not relating to the NowTV box screen saver.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Should have also asked is this issue only happening when using the All 4 App on the box ?

If so, i am guessing you have already tried deleting and then reinstalling the All 4 App back again on the box ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. Must have had the boxes for 3-4 years now, maybe longer. I will replace them with the newer black versions as you suggested.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad someone else is having the same problems as me. I can watch nothing on ITV BBC and All 4. Freezes black screen then kicks you out back to the purple screen. Been doing this for months and I've wasted countless hours with them trying to fix it. Have had enough now.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What type of NOW TV box do you have... The old white one or the newer black one?

If you have one of the old 'white' boxes and are exclusively using it to access third-party apps such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV, YouTube etc, you could try deleting any non used apps and/or resetting your old 'white' box to free up memory.

However, if the problem persits you're better off treating yourself to one of the newer 'black' NOW TV boxes.

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps. Their content, their delivery systems, their UI's and their distribution platform are entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers