Elite 2

Re: Now TV constantly resetting

@Cheesemonger

Are you seeing a bouncing around NowTV logo on your screen ?

If so, go into the box menu settings and switch off the screen saver feature.

Obviously please ignore my post if it is not relating to the NowTV box screen saver.

Elite 2

Re: Now TV constantly resetting

@Cheesemonger

Should have also asked is this issue only happening when using the All 4 App on the box ?

If so, i am guessing you have already tried deleting and then reinstalling the All 4 App back again on the box ?

Occasional Poster

Re: Apps not working freezing

I'm having the same problem with one of my two white boxes. Can anyone help?
Champion 4

Re: Apps not working freezing

Hi @Benmills1984,

How long have you had your 'white' NOW TV box? Sadly it could have reached the end of it's useful life Smiley Sad

The original white boxes are really showing their age now as their processing power is pretty limited when it comes to running some of todays third-party apps (ie: BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, RedBull, YouTube, etc) . Some people have had some success deleting apps and/or reseting their white boxes to free up memory. However, if the problem persits you're probably better off treating yourself to the newer 'black' NOW TV box.

By contrast, the 'black' boxes which were released in Aug 2015 offer twice the RAM memory and a faster 'dual' core CPU. And can be connected to the internet via WiFi or wired ethernet.

If you're interested, various retailers (such as: Currys, Argos, Tesco, Amazon and even John Lewis often have 'bundle' offers (ie: a NOW 'black' box with either '2-month Cinema' or '3-month Entertainment' voucher passes) for around £15.00 or less.

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Occasional Poster

Re: Itv hub, Channel 4 & You tube not working

Thanks for your reply. Must have had the boxes for 3-4 years now, maybe longer. I will replace them with the newer black versions as you suggested.
First Poster

System Restarts

I have been a member with NowTV for 3years now and it's been Great ! NowTV is very useful for me from best TV programs and bindge films ! However the past 6 Months I have been unsatisfied every time I load NowTV and open any app I will get 10minutes into watching what I want to watch and then annoyingly restart itself to a bright purple screen with moving affects for 5minutes then I have to go through it all again to get back to where I began and then sometimes does it the second time an more and others it's okay until I enter something else !

Help please

Thanks kindly
Champion 4

Re: System Restarts

Hi and welcome to the forum ,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
    [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]
  • If you are using a computer, what's the operating system version?
  • Are you accessing the NOW TV service from within the UK or Éire?
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • If you are using a wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection, have you selected your routers 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency band/channel option?
  • What things have you already tried to get your NOW TV playback device working again?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Purple screen issues are related to HDMI HDCP connectivity problems. For more info see here: NowTV Purple Screen No picture

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Occasional Poster

Re: Now TV Box keeps restarting with freeview apps

[ Edited ]

My white box reboots just afer I put iPlayer on, but after the reboot we just go back to iPlayer and it works fine.

I have 4 white boxes one in each room.

Do the black boxes have anything extra over the white ones or are they just the same with more memory?

Highlighted
Champion 4

Re: Now TV Box keeps restarting with freeview apps

Grazza69 wrote:

Do the black boxes have anything extra over the white ones or are they just the same with more memory?

The 'black' boxes have double the CPU speed of the 'white' boxes, so app navigation and their operation is faster and more stable. They also offer an ethernet port (for wired internet connections) as well as wi-fi. 

Cheers

Occasional Poster

Re: System Restarts

Me too. White box. Model 2400SK. 

No issues with my daughter's NOW TV box. 

Incredibly frustrating.