cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV box keeps crashing

My NOW TV box keeps crashing mid-way through programs which is so irritating. My box is now 2 years old. Has it reached the end of its life? I've done the reset and updated to most recent software but keeps happening...any help would be appreciated
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yes I'm using an HDMI cable and use Virgin fibre optic. I'll go and browse tomorrow at new boxes.

Indeed it does @Anonymous User

Your topic has therefore been moved from the 'NOW TV 'black' box' area of the forum to the 'NOW TV 'white' box' area of the forum...

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Before you do anything else I suggest you re-boot your router (and ethernet switches), as it often helps resolve de-synchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect the devices power for around 30 seconds before reconnecting.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your response, I have re bouted the router many times and ive also reset the box. Any other suggesstions?

Thank you.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sadly, it sounds like your 'white' box may have reached the end of its life Smiley Sad

Every now and again, various retails offer NOW TV 'bundle' deals, where you can buy a 'black' box together with either 'Entertainment' or 'Cinema' voucher passes for a lot less than buying the two products separately.

As (bad) luck would have it you've just missed out on some really good 'bundle' deals from Argos and Tesco. Currently they're both offering 3 month Entertainment or 2 month Cinema 'bundle' deals for £25.00... Which still saves you around a tenner 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, thank you for your help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv is practically unusable. Constant buffering. How do Netflix manage it? No problems, can watch without the constant entering of username etc. Now TV is a waste of money. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

the picture goes blurred and my box is constantly buffereing just wondered how to fix this

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After watching the red bull app for a few minutes the box crashes and restarts to the main page. Love the Red bull app but this is really annoying any ideas anyone 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you are an owner of one of the old 'white' NOW TV boxes your issue is most likely related to its 'lack of memory' and/or processing power!

You could try deleting any non used apps and/or resetting your old 'white' box to free up memory. However, if the problem persits you're better off treating yourself to one of the newer 'black' NOW TV boxes.

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV, YouTube etc. Their content, their delivery systems, their UI's and their distribution platform are entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been a member with NowTV for 3years now and it's been Great ! NowTV is very useful for me from best TV programs and bindge films ! However the past 6 Months I have been unsatisfied every time I load NowTV and open any app I will get 10minutes into watching what I want to watch and then annoyingly restart itself to a bright purple screen with moving affects for 5minutes then I have to go through it all again to get back to where I began and then sometimes does it the second time an more and others it's okay until I enter something else !

Help please

Thanks kindly
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum ,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
    [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]
  • If you are using a computer, what's the operating system version?
  • Are you accessing the NOW TV service from within the UK or Éire?
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • If you are using a wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection, have you selected your routers 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency band/channel option?
  • What things have you already tried to get your NOW TV playback device working again?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Purple screen issues are related to HDMI HDCP connectivity problems. For more info see here: NowTV Purple Screen No picture

Cheers