cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV box has 4 spinning circles FOREVER

My NowTV box has what looks like a new firmware load and it no longer works. When I try to watch a movie I get 4 spinning circles FOREVER.

What do I do other than cancel.

I have done a factory resset and an android tablet, on wifi, at the same location works perfectly. Is the box bust?

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry to hear that 😞

I'll contact you via email to get this looked into.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem last night. I've done everything that the help pages say you should do including factory resets. The LiveChat operator just asked me to do it all again and then gave up and passed it "upstairs", so I was less than impressed with him.

Anyone know how to fix this please cos clearly the help desk don't ?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch. Very sorry to hear this. Can you try the 014 steps and see how you get on. Also give the router a reboot which can help. Any other device using the wi-fi should be taken off. Also moving the router closer to the box without any obstacles can improve the connection.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been having the same spinning circles for days and cant load any movies. It a useless service. I have tried all the help guides on reboot, disabling network pings and every other option under the sun, but nothing is working. is there an actual solution because im paying money to not be able to watch any films. 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered with your NOW TV Box. 

Can you please let us know what you are trying to watch? 

Are you also able to let us know if you have tried the troubleshooting for 011

If you could also try on a different device to see if you experience the same issues, that would be great. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It has been escalated to the tech team apparently but I've not heard anything since the live chat on the now TV website. It's only on my nowtv box - I can watch on my laptop. I have tried all the different restart and reset options and all the error code guides and nothing has worked.

It has been not working for about 4 days now

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I was initially able to view ITV Player, Sky news, Demand 5, but not BBC iPlayer, and probably others were OK, but I can’t check them all! I was able to get to the NowTV Entertainment menu, and drill down to all available channels.  But when any programme was selected e.g. Sky Atlantic, the 4 balls appeared for ever.  They appeared briefly at each menu step, but I expect that to be normal. It is as if I am in a queue waiting for access to the system, which never happens. Then, some time later…...everything worked fine.  So, I powered the box off to tidy up the wiring, and the problem returned. But, later that day everything seemed to work again. I watched a programme on Sky Living without pause or buffering at the evening peak. It is still OK this morning. Looks like an access problem, but after that it is good? I can watch NowTV on the MAC computer without issue via hard wired ethernet.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem.  I went on-line yesterday with a new white box.

The Entertainment Pack shows as active.  My download speed is greater than 10 Mbps.  The WiFi signal is "excellent" on the box.  Basic channels work OK.  The entertainment pass allows me to make a programme selection, and then just sits there with 4 spinning balls.  It did work once this morning.......I have no clue why.

The box has been reset to factory settings, and is fully up to date.  

This is very frustrating, to say the least!

Not impressed with it's performance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My first box (added 12 Aug 15) now works fine, but did suffer all the problems of no access. then spinning balls.

The second box (added 18 Aug) was a nightmare to gain access, but finally got there.  It shows as a registered device.  However, some channels on the Entertainment Pack do not connect.

"Best TV Box Sets" will not respond at all, displaying 4 spinning balls.

"Sky Atlantic, Broadwalk Empire, Season 1,  Ep 2" displays 4 spinning balls.   BUT......Ep 1 previously accessed on box 1 aks if I want to continue from where I left off.

I hesitate to repeat the Home5 routine in case it crashes out again.

Any ideas?