cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV White Box - No Replacement or Refund

We have just tried to use our white NowTV box after several months (long and painful story) only to discover that it is no lnger supported - despite paying for it. Never have we received an email about this despite being called a liar by Cliford on chat.

Has anybody else encountered this problem? Basically been left with a device that we paid for and being told need to purchase a stick - which could also be withdrawn at anytime! Surely this constitutes a breach of consumer rights?

24 REPLIES 24
starman73
Elite

I wouldn’t waste your time with CiSAS.  The white box is long out of warranty, so NOW or whoever sold it don’t have to provide a refund or a replacement.  Also do you have a receipt?  Can you prove what you paid for the box and if it came with vouchers or not?

At the end of the day, it was a cheap highly subsidised £10 box with vouchers to access the service.  The HDMI cable on its own would cost £5 and a pair of batteries at least £1.  

I just chucked the half dozen I had bought in the bin.  Got my value out of them with the cheap vouchers.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I like your either/or question, though it’s a little unfair to Now 😛

Something you must be prepared for when you ask for help in a Community is that you may get answers you don’t like.

Of which you have had several, so please don’t single me out; I am perhaps the only one here still struggling to see if I think you have a leg to stand on.

Happy to stop now, though; as I am quite prepared that when offering help in a Community, the recipient doesn’t wish to hear what doesn’t suit them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brilliant, absolute comedy value 🤣

RoyB
Legend

No doubt that is why my post attracted two kudos.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

why would anyone buy a stick when they’ve been shafted on the boxes.

Every stick and box I ever bought came with vouchers that worked out cheaper than buying vouchers from NOW.  As an example I bought two sticks with 3 months sports passes for £50 each.  You cannot get sports for £16.67/month direct from Now TV, not even with the Emil offers.

If Now shaft me in the future by selling me sticks for less the value of the vouchers I would be happy. As long they don’t literally shaft me…