cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Now TV Box not working

Like i said before ive already done all that many many times, just tried again for you still nothing and my wireless conncetion right next to the box is 98mbs. So please stop telling me too repeat the steps that we have all tried many times and just get a proper fix for this thanks.

Daz_S
Elite 2

Going by the date you registered it does sound like this is a new issue for you?

Have you tried the following:

Remove the hdmi cable from the rear of the box and then press and hold the reset button for around 20 seconds.

Locate the box details on your router and delete it.

Unplug the box from the mains, plug the hdmi cable back in and then plug the box back into the mains.

Allow it to reboot.

Then try to connect to the router again.

fwiw, VM router users used to need to carry  out the 014 button presses to move passed that error code but some, since the fw update on the box, had to turn network pings back on to get it to work, so if you do have the 014 error turn network pings off and then on again, then see if it now works.

Should it fail at any point please post the exact message and/or error code. Also if the wifi settings on the router have WPA and WPA2 enabled try, if possible, using just WPA2.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Android - NOW TV puck - PS3 - Xbox 360
0 Thanks
PaulNorman
Expert 2

The virgin media super hub is just terrible. I know I have one! I have a few devices that wouldn't connect to it including a £300 HP printer. There have been many posts over on the virgin media forums in the past about this issue.

I just put mine in modem mode and purchased my own router 2+ years ago, solved my woes.
0 Thanks

This is the new super hub 2 atm its not very super lol

0 Thanks

Its working so for anyone haas super hub 2 follow this go to your super hub web page, go to wifi settings and change the 2.4ghz to WPA2-PSK[AES] then scan your now tv box for internet then it should connect. But you might have too do the homex5 fastfor play rewind play and fastfor, and few time too enable ping themn unable it. But all working now great stuff.

Daz_S
Elite 2

Glad to hear it's working.

Some other devices and not just the NOW TV box don't like WPA and WPA2 either. As I mentioned above WPA2 should be tried where possible. Only very old devices are known to only like WPA as these struggle to use WPA2.

Also something to bear in mind is 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi routers, some devices don't like to see both on the same SSID, the xbox 360 for example is just one if these devices. This is not the fault if the router manufacturer but microsoft themselves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Android - NOW TV puck - PS3 - Xbox 360
0 Thanks
pam404
Mentor

Cant really help you but I sympathise,

my now tv box wont connect to wifi network either,despite trying everything,I use sky broadband so it should have been seamless. Ill be advising my friends to stay clear of now tv.

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pam404,

Thanks for posting.

Would you be able to let us know what you've tried sow e can see if we can help you further? 

As you might of seen here our wonderful users were able to help others with router issues so perhaps with the right information we can see what's left to try?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
pam404
Mentor

Hello simon, 

Ive tried everthing mentioned by other users,still the box wont connect to wifi .

ive even tried connecting the box to a friends wifi, and I get the same results.

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pam404,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Thanks for that information. Can you tell me the message you see when you try to connect to WiFi? What is the error code displayed?

Could you tell me if "pings" are currently enabled or disabled?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks