cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Now TV Box not working

You can rest confident that nobody at NOWtv cares one jot about fixing the problems. I speak from experience of numerous 'chats', each trotting-out the standard assurance that the issue will be referred to another department and resolved within 24-48 hours. Each time, NOWtv state adamantly that I will receive an e-mail advising any requirements. No e-mails are received, nothing is resolved. NOWtv simply want to take our money, hide from direct contact and do nothing. In the absence of integrity or a desire to ensure customer-satisfaction, why should they care? They already have my money without having to provide any level of service. They must be so proud of this formula, because they never change it.

0 Thanks
Highlighted

My now the box not working keeps coming up with error code 014 tryed every thing resetting my router, hard reset the box, and even doing the secret menu bit nothing works do I need a new box help

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @michelle2935

Have you tried doing a system (software) update from the secret menu? Also give both the hard and soft resets a try as well as just turning the box off & on at the mains. Error 14 does usually indicate a connection problem.
Please click on Thanks if I've helped.
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!
0 Thanks
Highlighted

Yep done all of that

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@michelle2935 

Maybe it's time for a new box, sounds like you've exhausted all the troubleshooting tipsSmiley Sad

Please click on Thanks if I've helped.
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!
0 Thanks
Highlighted

If I get a new box can I use the same login details

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@michelle2935

Yes, if you buy a new box you just log in with the same username and password. You will need a free slot on your device list for it.

Has the box been working fine up to now, or have you never been able to get it connected? Have you changed location for the box? Might be worth changing its position slightly, make sure it is an open position rather than tucked away under a TV, in a cabinet or on a crowded shelf for instance.
0 Thanks
Highlighted

It just rebooted itself and stop working it's always been in the same place

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@michelle2935

I know you mention you've done the secret screen, but it might be worth double checking as this a common cause of 014 errors. When you do the following on your remote

Home (x5) Fast Forward Play Rewind Play Fast Forward

and the secret screen pops up, one of the options should say Enable Network Pings. If it says Disable Network Pings instead, then toggle this so it says Enable Network Pings instead. Then try connecting to your network again.

If this still doesn't help, I would be tempted to have a quick word with Live Chat to see if there's any last suggestions they can make, especially if your ISP is Virgin. They can also check if your box is still in warranty.
0 Thanks
Highlighted

I done all that and I have spoke to them they said all the same things I have all ready done

0 Thanks