cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Box not working

Three nights in a row now. Only get message oops something went wrong here  we are working on it. Is this a permanent situation or is the box eventually going to work? Need to know because am paying to watch the message at the moment.

74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi ranj.ive just done that 15 second reset,went thru the motions ofconnecting me to wifi and doing a software update,then nothing,no not the multi ball screen,its stuck on the now tv screen,just the blue screen with now tv with the flashing o on it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear that this problem is still unresolved.

It may help to change the wireless channel on your router to anything between 1 and 6 and then try another hard reset to force a new update.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get that too. Please refer to my problems with NOW box in my post today.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Seems ok this morning.

Forgot to mention that it did buffer a lot and the quality was low in the last few days when it did work.

Seems like they have capacity issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've only had my box since saturday, initially I thought great service, easy to set up, very user friendly! I tried to use it last night and wouldn't connect to the network, I tried resets, pin resets,  router resets, nothing works, other services I use stream fine, via Netflix, Blinkbox, etc.

At the moment I'm really disappointed with the service, it's not a patch on Netflix, although it does have some great content, just wish i could watch it!. Three attempts on wednesday to watch GOT, constant buffering, horrible to try and watch.

At the minute I've managed to get it connected, I will see if it works tonight!, I'm not hopeful. Am i missing something, as i really don't think it's my network. I have seen other posts mentioning VIrgin Media Connections having issues, but why would it only effect NOWTV? Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi NickNewark,

Sorry to hear that you've encountered issues when using your NOW TV Box.

There have been some known issues connecting to Virgin Hub Routers, but this can usually be resolved by completing the steps found here. If you've completed this and your box is still having with buffering, the steps on this article can also help.

Outside of this, resetting your NOW TV Box via the hole on the rear of the unit may also resolve any problems you're experiencing. It's also worth noting that other objects may cause interference to the NOW TV Box and moving your box either nearer or further from your wireless router might help boost connection strength.

Let us know how you get on,

Kindest

Steve

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for your advice, I will give it a try when i get home, and let you know. regards. N.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
My router is fine. Besides, iPlayer and 4od etc work. The only app on the now tv box that won't work is the now tv app.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Autopilot, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Can you please try resetting your NOW TV Box, then can you please try the steps found here. 

Once you have tried this, can you please then try the steps found here

I hope that this helps, if you have any further questions please feel free to get back in touch. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Last time this happened a reset did not help, but after a while the service resumed ok anyway. The next day I got an email saying "sorry we were having server issues, have an extra discounted month".

It's the same here this week, poor quality for a day then no service at all for a while then it just started working again. I'm not going through the reset every time it plays up because a) the problem is clearly server side, and no end of resets will help that, and b) it's a royal pain.

I appreciate your help, but bottom line is that Now TV is not a reliable service at the moment. I'll try it until the end of my discounted trial period, I do think its got great content and the price not bad, and see how it's working then.