cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Box not working

Three nights in a row now. Only get message oops something went wrong here  we are working on it. Is this a permanent situation or is the box eventually going to work? Need to know because am paying to watch the message at the moment.

74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Going by the date you registered it does sound like this is a new issue for you?

Have you tried the following:

Remove the hdmi cable from the rear of the box and then press and hold the reset button for around 20 seconds.

Locate the box details on your router and delete it.

Unplug the box from the mains, plug the hdmi cable back in and then plug the box back into the mains.

Allow it to reboot.

Then try to connect to the router again.

fwiw, VM router users used to need to carry  out the 014 button presses to move passed that error code but some, since the fw update on the box, had to turn network pings back on to get it to work, so if you do have the 014 error turn network pings off and then on again, then see if it now works.

Should it fail at any point please post the exact message and/or error code. Also if the wifi settings on the router have WPA and WPA2 enabled try, if possible, using just WPA2.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The virgin media super hub is just terrible. I know I have one! I have a few devices that wouldn't connect to it including a £300 HP printer. There have been many posts over on the virgin media forums in the past about this issue.

I just put mine in modem mode and purchased my own router 2+ years ago, solved my woes.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is the new super hub 2 atm its not very super lol

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its working so for anyone haas super hub 2 follow this go to your super hub web page, go to wifi settings and change the 2.4ghz to WPA2-PSK[AES] then scan your now tv box for internet then it should connect. But you might have too do the homex5 fastfor play rewind play and fastfor, and few time too enable ping themn unable it. But all working now great stuff.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad to hear it's working.

Some other devices and not just the NOW TV box don't like WPA and WPA2 either. As I mentioned above WPA2 should be tried where possible. Only very old devices are known to only like WPA as these struggle to use WPA2.

Also something to bear in mind is 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi routers, some devices don't like to see both on the same SSID, the xbox 360 for example is just one if these devices. This is not the fault if the router manufacturer but microsoft themselves.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can rest confident that nobody at NOWtv cares one jot about fixing the problems. I speak from experience of numerous 'chats', each trotting-out the standard assurance that the issue will be referred to another department and resolved within 24-48 hours. Each time, NOWtv state adamantly that I will receive an e-mail advising any requirements. No e-mails are received, nothing is resolved. NOWtv simply want to take our money, hide from direct contact and do nothing. In the absence of integrity or a desire to ensure customer-satisfaction, why should they care? They already have my money without having to provide any level of service. They must be so proud of this formula, because they never change it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now the box not working keeps coming up with error code 014 tryed every thing resetting my router, hard reset the box, and even doing the secret menu bit nothing works do I need a new box help

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried doing a system (software) update from the secret menu? Also give both the hard and soft resets a try as well as just turning the box off & on at the mains. Error 14 does usually indicate a connection problem.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yep done all of that

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Maybe it's time for a new box, sounds like you've exhausted all the troubleshooting tipsSmiley Sad