cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NOW TV Team Stephen-L
NOW TV Team

Re: Now TV Box not working

Hi NickNewark,

Sorry to hear that you've encountered issues when using your NOW TV Box.

There have been some known issues connecting to Virgin Hub Routers, but this can usually be resolved by completing the steps found here. If you've completed this and your box is still having with buffering, the steps on this article can also help.

Outside of this, resetting your NOW TV Box via the hole on the rear of the unit may also resolve any problems you're experiencing. It's also worth noting that other objects may cause interference to the NOW TV Box and moving your box either nearer or further from your wireless router might help boost connection strength.

Let us know how you get on,

Kindest

Steve

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
nickNewark
Scholar

Hi, thanks for your advice, I will give it a try when i get home, and let you know. regards. N.

0 Thanks
autopilot
Advocate

My router is fine. Besides, iPlayer and 4od etc work. The only app on the now tv box that won't work is the now tv app.
0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Autopilot, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Can you please try resetting your NOW TV Box, then can you please try the steps found here. 

Once you have tried this, can you please then try the steps found here

I hope that this helps, if you have any further questions please feel free to get back in touch. 

Thanks, 

Karl

0 Thanks
autopilot
Advocate

Last time this happened a reset did not help, but after a while the service resumed ok anyway. The next day I got an email saying "sorry we were having server issues, have an extra discounted month".

It's the same here this week, poor quality for a day then no service at all for a while then it just started working again. I'm not going through the reset every time it plays up because a) the problem is clearly server side, and no end of resets will help that, and b) it's a royal pain.

I appreciate your help, but bottom line is that Now TV is not a reliable service at the moment. I'll try it until the end of my discounted trial period, I do think its got great content and the price not bad, and see how it's working then.
0 Thanks
Highlighted

After doing all the steps 28 time the box is still not working, even tried using my phone a a portable hot spot, still nothing. Can you please sort this out now. As its starting to get very very stupid.

0 Thanks
E_Paschall
Scholar 2

Same here, cant use the box, Checked the wifi, reset box....nada.

0 Thanks
Michael-H
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for getting in touch with your posts, sorry to hear that you're having issues with the NOW TV Box.

Please check out these troubleshooting steps to resolve this.

We hope that this helps.

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks

No point doing that as you need a connection first too actually do the update, and if its not letting us connect to anything at all what is the use of that imformation. I can connect through the phones potable hot spot but it wont let me on the internet. It does th wireless and local then fails on the internet erra code 009, and if i try through the router, dont even connect on the wireless t all erra code 014. Just a total waste of time telling us to update , how can we update with no connection?

0 Thanks
Ranj-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi portvalefanjosh,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing troubles with the box. The steps in the post from Karl F above should clear the 014 error code. Please re-start the box and then carry out these steps. 

Can you make sure that the box is as close to the router as physically possible and remove any obstacles in between the 2, which can help to sort the connection issues. 

Let us know if this helps.

Regards

Ranj

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks