cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cox
Mentor

Now TV Box not working

Three nights in a row now. Only get message oops something went wrong here  we are working on it. Is this a permanent situation or is the box eventually going to work? Need to know because am paying to watch the message at the moment.

74 Replies
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Now TV Box not working

Is it for anything in particular or everything you try? Could you provide some examples so others could test them?

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
0 Thanks
cox
Mentor

every time I click onto the now box icon the message comes up. BBC iplayer
demand 5 and channel 4 aren't working either.

Now TV does work on the computer.

0 Thanks

If nothing is working then something is very wrong.

several questions and suggestions

1. Do you have an active Now TV account with a payment card on file ....

2. Are you in the UK...

3. Have you altered the DNS settings on your router?

suggestions :

1. Reset box using the hole above the power inlet.

2. Reboot your router

3. Access tbe secret menu and check wifi and ping settings 

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network

lasyly if you have done call this and still failed to resolve your situation please return here and we can move forward

Advocate

Same message here. Again.

IPlayer, 4od etc all working great but I'm tired of NowTV not working. Won't be subscribing when my reduced rate expires. It's the most unreliable streaming service i have used.
0 Thanks
autopilot
Advocate

Iphone app also failing, so maybe the service is down again.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@autopilot wrote:
Iphone app also failing, so maybe the service is down again.

Fine here

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
0 Thanks
Timeport
Mentor

I get that too. Please refer to my problems with NOW box in my post today.
0 Thanks
autopilot
Advocate

Seems ok this morning.

Forgot to mention that it did buffer a lot and the quality was low in the last few days when it did work.

Seems like they have capacity issues.
0 Thanks
nickNewark
Scholar

I've only had my box since saturday, initially I thought great service, easy to set up, very user friendly! I tried to use it last night and wouldn't connect to the network, I tried resets, pin resets,  router resets, nothing works, other services I use stream fine, via Netflix, Blinkbox, etc.

At the moment I'm really disappointed with the service, it's not a patch on Netflix, although it does have some great content, just wish i could watch it!. Three attempts on wednesday to watch GOT, constant buffering, horrible to try and watch.

At the minute I've managed to get it connected, I will see if it works tonight!, I'm not hopeful. Am i missing something, as i really don't think it's my network. I have seen other posts mentioning VIrgin Media Connections having issues, but why would it only effect NOWTV? Thanks.

0 Thanks