cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Box not working

Three nights in a row now. Only get message oops something went wrong here  we are working on it. Is this a permanent situation or is the box eventually going to work? Need to know because am paying to watch the message at the moment.

74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it for anything in particular or everything you try? Could you provide some examples so others could test them?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
every time I click onto the now box icon the message comes up. BBC iplayer
demand 5 and channel 4 aren't working either.

Now TV does work on the computer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If nothing is working then something is very wrong.

several questions and suggestions

1. Do you have an active Now TV account with a payment card on file ....

2. Are you in the UK...

3. Have you altered the DNS settings on your router?

suggestions :

1. Reset box using the hole above the power inlet.

2. Reboot your router

3. Access tbe secret menu and check wifi and ping settings 

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network

lasyly if you have done call this and still failed to resolve your situation please return here and we can move forward

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same message here. Again.

IPlayer, 4od etc all working great but I'm tired of NowTV not working. Won't be subscribing when my reduced rate expires. It's the most unreliable streaming service i have used.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Iphone app also failing, so maybe the service is down again.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Iphone app also failing, so maybe the service is down again.

Fine here

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi.i turned my box on last night and put in a now tv movies pass.the box kept on going back to the main menu and wouldnt let me watch films.youtube still worked tho.i did a software update as it said it was available.it went thru the motions then restarted,same thing happened,came home today no change so i done a system reset,again it went thru the motions and restarted and now it wont go past the now tv screen at all.please help.want to use my pass!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

also done everything previous posts have said.reset router.power off on on box,after factory reset it lets me access wifi and says its connected and working.then says i need a software update,it says its updating then restarts to the now tv menu and doesnt go from there,i cant access anything now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for posting. Very sorry to hear this. Can you try another hard reset for me please by putting a pin in the hole at the rear of the box for 15 seconds. 

Do you get stuck on the four multi coloured balls screen?

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team