cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Box is not working AGAIN!!

Surprise, surprise...once again my Now TV box is not working.

I turn the box on, and it is frozen at the home screen, which says NOW TV.

I have tried resetting it, which did not help.

Yesterday I left it on the home screen for about 3 hours, and then it suddenly started to work.  I used the remote control once it had started working so I know the remote is working.

AS soon as I turned it off, and then back on again...it froze once again.

Every week I seem to be having problems with the box, it is becoming a joke now!!

61 REPLIES 61
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am on my second box now. I have my account on internet but the box won't let me sign in. Connects to wifi but when I put my email and password in it says something gone wrong. I think it's a scam. Tried going on help site and says web page doesn't exist. Im getting my money back and going with a different smart box. What a joke
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the make an model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's a black one that's powered by by roku. Didn't get the pics
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
...Didn't get the pics

Really @Anonymous User. How strange. What device are you using to access the forum?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
My iPhone
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
My iPhone

Really! I can view the images perfectly okay on my Android phone 😉

Anyway, back to your issue. Is it just the NOW TV app you're having problems with? Do other apps such as BBC iPlayer work okay?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My tv box has just gone completely it won’t turn on at all tried everything it’s only a month and half old
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Stacy, Sorry to hear this, can you tell us where you purchased the nowtv box? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My tv box is also proving temperamental. Picture is frozen, I have done all teh changes and resets. Happenned after viewing via a 24 hr sport pass. I took a break, and wanted to watch NOW TV cinema, but couldnt transfer. I switched off, and went back to the channel, to find that darts was still on. Tried to reset, everything frozen. Therefore missed last nights game, so left it. Left it for a while, and on return I had to re-enter all my contact, wifi etc. and it worked fine. Back this morning and again no joy. Tried all I did yesterday and still no joy. So it seems that this is an ongoing technical problem. I want to know what I need to do further to receive the service that I have paid. As yet christmas present looks like a swift return and refund.......

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. Whenever I turn on the box it needs logging in again. I've reset it loads of times. If I ever get it actually running its so slow and glitchy it's not worth watching. We tried running the app on my phone and it works perfectly so it's not the internet. I'd replace the box but reading the comments on here I'm not sure that would work. Annoyingly we can't use our youview box either as that doesn't let us watch entertainment! The most frustrating app ever. Netflix has never once stopped working