cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Box Not Turning On

I recently got Now tv box, went to watch normal tv and the box wont turn on (normally a purple light turns on). I've read about a hard reset it doesnt have a pin. I found a button on the bottom and pressed for around a minute and still nothing. Is it just a faulty box??
8 REPLIES 8
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Is it a NOW TV Smart Box (the larger one with built in Freeview)? If so, pressing the home button on the remote and waiting a few seconds should wake the box from standby. Failing that pull the power plug out for a few seconds and plug back in. Some people on the forum have reported an issue with the box not waking from standby without pulling the plug and it is something NOW TV have acknowledged and are investigating. However if you want to try a reset you'll find the option under Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset (and then enter the code shown on screen to confirm)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried your suggestion unfortunatley still nothing. Will leave it uplugged tonight and try again in the morning. Cant do reset as box wont turn on
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

It should just be a case of pulling the plug for a few seconds and reconnecting. If the purple light still isn't coming on after a few seconds of plugging back in it sounds more like an issue with the power supply, however see what happens tomorrow when you try.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @Anonymous User

Hi Andy

It sounds to me like the device is faulty, @Anonymous User I would say that if the box does not turn on then don't struggle with it anymore, take it back to the retailer and swap it for another Now TV Smart Box. 

UK Box

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

As you've done everything you reasonably can to get the 'smart' box up and running, I agree, it's now time for you to obtain a replacement...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I went out and got another one this morning as i recklessly threw my receipt and box away. When i got home i plugged the new box with my old power adapter to make sure i was getting power to the box. New box lights up so it was definately the box being faulty. Plugged the power back into the old box and boom it started working again.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

R-E-S-U-L-T... Nice one 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box will not come on ?😢😢