cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV App running incredibly slow when navigating

Hi I wonder if anyone is having a similar problem. Over the last week the Now TV app has started to run incredibly slow when navigating through the various selection screens. It can't be an issue with the box as all of the other apps seem to be working fine. Buffering/loading shows isn't an issue as everything runs without buffering issues it's the actual navigation / selection process that's the problem. I can be sat watching the three dots moving around in a circle for 2-3 mins before I get a response. It's the same with my other box in the house. Is it a software glitch? If so, is there a fix anyone can recommend please?
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you have the white NOW TV box or the purple Roku streaming stick then you will have to buy something more up to date.

I have both of those and they are both unusable now.  This is because they have a slow processor in them that can't cope with modern apps.

I recently bought a Roku Express, which was released in Autumn 2017 I think, and it works great as it has a much faster processor.  It is quite cheap to buy on Amazon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been having same issues with mine and initially thought it was a remote problem. I have a stick and probably only purchased maybe a year ago at the most.  It has become so unresponsive. It's as though it takes 4 or 5 mins for it to catch up. Once you eventually get to your selection watching programmes isnt an issue. I've tried updates, unplugging from tv for 5 mins. It's pretty much become unusable and I'm annoyed I'm paying for something I cannot watch. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

While it’s plugged in, hold in the little reset button on the side for 15-30 seconds, and when it wakes up, set it up again.

This can get rid of a lot of cruft.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou..I have gone back to my old black box for now and it's working fine  but when I get a spare minute I'll plug the stick back in and follow your instructions. Thankyou.