cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV App running incredibly slow when navigating

Hi I wonder if anyone is having a similar problem. Over the last week the Now TV app has started to run incredibly slow when navigating through the various selection screens. It can't be an issue with the box as all of the other apps seem to be working fine. Buffering/loading shows isn't an issue as everything runs without buffering issues it's the actual navigation / selection process that's the problem. I can be sat watching the three dots moving around in a circle for 2-3 mins before I get a response. It's the same with my other box in the house. Is it a software glitch? If so, is there a fix anyone can recommend please?
13 REPLIES 13
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Is it definitely white boxes you have? If so they are quite old now and will be running slower than the newer boxes, particularly if the NOW TV app has been updated to a newer version recently (not sure what version the white boxes are on).

The following help page gives the troubleshooting tips NOW TV will ask you to do first so give them a go (you can ignore 3, 4 and 5)

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

and if that doesn't help try a word with live chat. You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Although not as long I am getting longer waits when navigating on the black box. I can only imagine how slow the white box is now! When technology moves on the older devices do get left behind. I myself am planning to upgrade to a stick soon.
superglo2012
Scholar 3

It has nothing to do with the box it is a technical error what now tv need to sort out as my apps are not slow on any other channels I have a roku xs

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I been having the same problem for the last couple of weeks with the app on a Roku Stick. 2 weeks ago it loaded quickly, and streams were immediately high quality and clear.

Now - I guess the app was updated - the app takes a couple of minutes to load (in other words really slowly), navigating between pages is really slow and streams, though they do get better, are initially really low definition and very fuzzy.

It's a shame. It's a good well designed app that worked well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone actually have an answer for this other than to buy another device?

I have a NowTV box and a Roku streaming stick (both maximum 2 years old) and personally I begrudge parting with more money after a short while. I am trying to convince my other half that NowTV is better value than Sky, but with this issue it’s hard for my to justify. 

I used to have a google Chromecast and could stream effortlessly from my iPad or iPhone. I am tempted to buy another one of these seeing as I can use beam other apps (Netflix, BT Sport etc) using it so is more versatile. It will also mean that ultimately NowTV have shot themselves in the foot trying to make old devices obsolete as I will not be purchasing any more of their devices and will go with a competitor instead. 

superglo2012
Scholar 3

It has definetly got worse since they updated and started the ads that were not there before, it takes ages on my roku,  where before it was no problem they need to sort out the technical side, software must be really bad, they keep telling me to reset at the back of the box, which is just stupid as it is their fault and the shows are not playing and there are only about 6 new shows coming July and August, and the movies are just awful you are lucky if you get 1 good movie a week.

I have been with Now tv since 2012 defintely not good if you go on the chat line complete waste of time, as they just keep asking you to repeat what the problem is.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have same problem on my roku stick ( slow loading ,slow navigating picture not loading full when watching live channels) worked fine until there was a update about 2months ago, has anyone found a way to fix the issue? I went on live chat and the kept blaming my internet which is not true as my internet is fine , this needs to be sorted ASAP Now tv its getting a joke!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. I don't use the now tv square box 4201SK (black) that often. But since turning it on a few days ago it must have had an awful update as the menu is incrediably sticky.  It takes 15 - 30seconds to navigate. Once you've painfully found what you want to watch or open another app it is fine.  It is just the Now TV menu software that is bad.

I stupidly thought a factory reset would solve the problem but it's now stuck scrolling through the T&Cs at 1 click every 30 seconds.

Will be onto live chat first thing in the morning - has anyone found a solution to this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Having same issue. Slow navigating. What's the solution. Black box.