cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No option to disable auto-renew, only cancel?

Hi there,

I've just bought my Now TV box and have started my 30 day free trial. I don't know if I'll keep the box after 30 days, so would like to prevent this from autorenewing. However I do not wish to cancel my free trial at this stage.

Reading these forums, there are a lot of references to going to My Account on the web, clicking Cancel and disabling Auto Renew. However, when I try this I only have the option to cancel - there are no references to subscriptions or autorenew.

If I click cancel, will this also cancel my free trial? How do I keep the trial running but prevent the subscription from starting?

Thanks in advance,

Stu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User - this is correct the account will need to be cancelled in the last month of his 3 months pass. Any time before will cancel his subscription but more importantly the offer of the pass.

Char

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

83 REPLIES 83
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi jo11yr0ger,

There are many people on this site who believe that NOWTV are deliberately swindling them. It would be worth taking a screenshot of any misleading pages in your account. Your credit card company may be able to re-claim your money from NOWTV if NOWTV wont issue you a refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok long story short and to make everyones life easy NowTv, can you just add auto renewal on/off please. Simple. Thank you
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That option used to be there, but was removed over a year ago as people were confused and just wanted the option to cancel instead
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just got my box yesterday and it says I have 2 months movies free. I don't want to renew after these 2 months are up so when should I cancel. I activated it on 24/08/2015
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User anytime between the 25th September and the 23rd October to make sure you get the full two months without paying for a third. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

If I cancel on the last day of when the pass automatically renews will I still get charged for the next month ????
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if you leave it too late, yes. I'd suggest cancelling as soon as you decide you don't want another month. For example I only ever get movies for one month at a time, so I cancel straight after paying. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User thanks for your reply, alright so are you telling me I can buy a pass and then cancel straight away and still get the whole month to watch and the when times up it just finishes??
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User yup, I've been doing that for years with the movie pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Alright I didn't know that, I thought that when you cancel it stops straight away. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.