cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No option to disable auto-renew, only cancel?

Hi there,

I've just bought my Now TV box and have started my 30 day free trial. I don't know if I'll keep the box after 30 days, so would like to prevent this from autorenewing. However I do not wish to cancel my free trial at this stage.

Reading these forums, there are a lot of references to going to My Account on the web, clicking Cancel and disabling Auto Renew. However, when I try this I only have the option to cancel - there are no references to subscriptions or autorenew.

If I click cancel, will this also cancel my free trial? How do I keep the trial running but prevent the subscription from starting?

Thanks in advance,

Stu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User - this is correct the account will need to be cancelled in the last month of his 3 months pass. Any time before will cancel his subscription but more importantly the offer of the pass.

Char

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

83 REPLIES 83
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Best thing to do is ignore sky, enter tech menu install plex use the box as
your own media server streamer. Add your own movies from better and more
frequently updated sites 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable
a little more info on how to do this would be great Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi chelseagirlmari,

Thanks for your post. To cancel an account, please login on a ddesktop device like a Laptop or PC. Go to My Account. Under MY PASSES will be Sky Movies Month Pass. Simply click, 'Cancel Pass.'

If you're unable to see a link to My Account, it means you don't have an active NOW TV subscription. This means you won't be receiving any charges from NOW TV on this account. Also, there's nothing to cancel.

If you can see a charge for NOW TV on your bank statement, the chances are you’ve got more than one account and the charges are occurring on a different account registered with your details. Please check all the possible email addresses you may have used and then use the forgotten username/password link to retrieve your details.

If you’re having difficulty locating your other account, please get back in touch with us for further help.

Kind regards,

Aylin

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi i am having trouble locating another account with now tv were charges are appearing on my bank statement  i would like to cancel this. please advise.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I believe your issue is now sorted 🙂

Please let us know if you need further help.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having read through most of these complaints it is blindingly obvious that the Auto renew has been removed because too many of us were using it and NowTV were losing money.  Better to remove it and rely on people forgetting to physically cancel it before the end of the free period.

It is sharp practice but it works.  So please lets stop all the silly pretence, NowTV are a business and they want your money.  If you want to be sure not to pay, just set yourself a reminder on your computer.

SIMPLES

Anonymous User
Not applicable
JUST DO WHAT I & MANY OTHERS HAVE DONE & GET RID OF THE SYSTEM There not going to change the way they operate
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is cancelling 3 month free movie pass the only option available now in December, as previously cancelling auto renew on your card WAS an option.  I did a screen shot of it when signing up on 1st Nov 13 -a subscriptions tab was available to do this, now its not there. If I had NOT read these posts I would have cancelled today 29th Dec 13 and lost out on a free month in Jan 14 that I had paid for anyway! Am I correct in the procedure to stop auto renew is to wait until 2nd Jan 14 to press the cancel button, and movies will continue until 31st Jan 14 ? What an awful trick to play on not so tech savvy people!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
You should not cancel a three month movie pass until you are in your third month this applied also to auto renew.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I to hd the box ticked to not automaticaly renew my subscription as I only use the movie service during school holidays, it is now a pain to have to remeber to go in a cancel.