cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No option to disable auto-renew, only cancel?

Hi there,

I've just bought my Now TV box and have started my 30 day free trial. I don't know if I'll keep the box after 30 days, so would like to prevent this from autorenewing. However I do not wish to cancel my free trial at this stage.

Reading these forums, there are a lot of references to going to My Account on the web, clicking Cancel and disabling Auto Renew. However, when I try this I only have the option to cancel - there are no references to subscriptions or autorenew.

If I click cancel, will this also cancel my free trial? How do I keep the trial running but prevent the subscription from starting?

Thanks in advance,

Stu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User - this is correct the account will need to be cancelled in the last month of his 3 months pass. Any time before will cancel his subscription but more importantly the offer of the pass.

Char

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

83 REPLIES 83
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@zooman - that's correct! We have changed this since.

@Anonymous User - Terms and Conditions of the service:

Sky Movies Pass: Fees apply after Free Trial. Sky Movies Pass automatically renews at £8.99 a month unless cancelled and you can stop renewal at any time. One Free Trial per person, excludes Sky Sports Day Pass or Entertainment Month Pass. Live channels not available on YouView.

When you go ahead and register with the service you have given concent to the T&C's.

With most online services whom offer movie / TV content you register for a free trial with all your details and then if choose to carry on or cancel. This is a standard process.

It's a 30 month rolling subscription.

We will pass on your feedback to as stated before.

Thanks a lot.

Char

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You claim to be here to help customers.

Lets have a poll and see how many customers want a rolling account compared to a Pay As You Go account we thought we were buying.

It would be very easy to do.

If people don't want a rolling account and want what 99% of the country understand as a Pay As You Go account give me 1 Kudo.

What makes it more painfull for me to ever pay for more is that you guys know exactly what your doing and have no moral compass about it.

PS. I am a qualified telecommunication engineer who studied IT and now publishes 2 online newspapers, 3 facebook pages and 3 twitter accounts to an audience of 4.5 million.

I would give your Now TV box 5 stars if it wasn't for all the BS that comes with it.

If you sold it honestly without trying to scam people you would double your sales.

At the end of the day your only getting away with it because its a new product and has not yet been challenged in the courts.

If you carry on the way you are going i can see it all going pear shaped before summer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've been following your post and can see and agree where you're coming from and would like your advice.

I'm looking at buying a now TV box as a gift for someone who I know will make good use of I player but will not be interested in any sports or film subscriptions.

With the danger of them potentially running up a fortune, as they're not so savvy with cancelling subscriptions, am I better off buying a slightly more expensive box to have a conscience free festive period?

Providing there's a box which exists. I'm sure you understand how I'd look, I'd hate a gift where you had to give your card details over to use it with a shadow hanging over you. I'm also assuming the Now TV box will be useful as a catch up box without subscription.

Thanks in advance,
Lee
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If I am honest the Now TV box is a good buy but you need to write a book about the booby traps.

If you know what your doing you can take advantage of it and enjoy value for money.

If not it could realy catch you out.

That said the Now TV box is only a trimmed down version of the Roku LT that can be bought for about £30-40.

If i was buying another for myself i would buy the Now TV box.

If i was buying one for my Mum i would buy the Roku LT or give my time to steer her past the the minefield.

Work wise the Now TV box is fantastic.

Financially it is designed to hurt the more trusting of people.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Everything this guy is true.

NOWTV or SKY as it is, has found a way of selling something for only £10 and it is a quality piece off kit . The down side, like this guy has said, when your regeristing you card details ( which you have to do ) you will get charged after your 30 free movie trial.

THIS IS NOT A PAY PER MONTH SERVICE

I can cancell my account,I was reassured I could put it on hold!!!! but to re register under my same credit card details is impossible .

I also have 2 boxes with the same card details with 2 x 30 day trials,( one for each box). I tried to end one and start the other 30 day trial,I had paid for 2 boxes,that's 60 days isnt it? Well ,because I had registered the 2 boxes under the same credit card I got charged £8.99

BE CAREFULL,very cheap box but SKY are very clever at making money

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The 30 day free trial is per account, not box. You don't need a box to get now tv. To be more precise it's open an account today and get a free 30 day trial of sky movies! Well if you sign up, you get 30 days, then goes to normal price unless you've got a promo code. I have 3 now tv boxes, signed into one account. I would get a free 30 day trial on each, but would have to open 3 separate accounts and register the box on each.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
The sign up instructions are very clear, problem is people don't take the time to everything carefully. You have got the Sky Sports definitions which is a one time purchase, or as you refer to it pay as you go for 24 hours viewing of all 6 sports channels muddled with the Movies and entertainment packages, which you can choose to subscribe on a month by month basis with no long term contract!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Forgot to say, I do agree with the point that, when signing up, the auto renew options should be set to off, until you decide you want to continue, but then Lovefilm, Netflix and many other companies set their monthly renewals to on too.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I click on My Account nothing happens.