cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No option to disable auto-renew, only cancel?

Hi there,

I've just bought my Now TV box and have started my 30 day free trial. I don't know if I'll keep the box after 30 days, so would like to prevent this from autorenewing. However I do not wish to cancel my free trial at this stage.

Reading these forums, there are a lot of references to going to My Account on the web, clicking Cancel and disabling Auto Renew. However, when I try this I only have the option to cancel - there are no references to subscriptions or autorenew.

If I click cancel, will this also cancel my free trial? How do I keep the trial running but prevent the subscription from starting?

Thanks in advance,

Stu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User - this is correct the account will need to be cancelled in the last month of his 3 months pass. Any time before will cancel his subscription but more importantly the offer of the pass.

Char

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

83 REPLIES 83
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to agree that having no option to disable auto-renew can be nothing more than an underhand technique to take people's money. I personally prefer to purchase vouchers to watch my NowTV. I don't always want the movies package and I don't always want the entertainment package. I'll buy a voucher pass from the supermarket according to my needs at the time. If I could, I'd remove my card details from my account altogether but it doesn't allow that. I've just had £9.99 taken from my account because my voucher ran out. I don't want to have to auto-renew, why should I have to?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you apply a voucher to your account and you don't want it to auto-renew at the end, then you need to pop onto your My Account > My Passes page 

http://account.nowtv.com/passes

and  cancel the pass before the expiry date of the offer. Cancelling doesn't stop you from using the pass straight away, all it does is stop it from renewing at the end. You can still carry on watching your pass after its cancelled until the expiry date of your offer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just had a 3 month entertainment pass run out, bye bye £7 for a service I already have another pass for! Why can't I go pass-only? I would rather not have my card charged, for all Now TV know I could now be overdrawn because I wasn't expecting it.

Now TV, can I have my card details removed from my account? I tried changing the card to all 0s but it won't let me. I get passes when I want services.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I've just had a 3 month entertainment pass run out, bye bye £7 for a service I already have another pass for! Why can't I go pass-only? I would rather not have my card charged, for all Now TV know I could now be overdrawn because I wasn't expecting it.

Now TV, can I have my card details removed from my account? I tried changing the card to all 0s but it won't let me. I get passes when I want services.

In short no you can't @Anonymous User. Because this is how the NOW TV subscription service functions... 

Cheers

And just-so 'all' NOW TV customers know. Currently...

• All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) run for their full duration, even if they are cancelled after the first day.
  • All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) 'roll on' automatically if they're not cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'retention offer', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!
  • If your preference is to use 'voucher code passes', you'll need to submit your new pass before your current pass expires
  • 'Free trial' subscribers are notified by email that they will be charged unless they cancel their subscription(s) prior to their 'free trial' ending. So keep a look-out, including your spam/junk mail!
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the grey coloured 'Canel' button will not be accessible.
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the 'Apply voucher' button will not be accessible.
  • New NOW TV voucher code passes can be added within the last month of your current NOW TV services expiry date. The new pass will commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • Setting up a payment PIN on your NOW TV account is advised. As it will be prevent others from purchasing additional NOW TV services without your consent!
  • Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the NOW TV subscriber to manage their NOW TV account!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

And just-so 'all' NOW TV customers know. Currently...

• All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) run for their full duration, even if they are cancelled after the first day.
  • All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) 'roll on' automatically if they're not cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'retention offer', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!
  • If your preference is to use 'voucher code passes', you'll need to submit your new pass before your current pass expires
  • 'Free trial' subscribers are notified by email that they will be charged unless they cancel their subscription(s) prior to their 'free trial' ending. So keep a look-out, including your spam/junk mail!
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the grey coloured 'Canel' button will not be accessible.
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the 'Apply voucher' button will not be accessible.
  • New NOW TV voucher code passes can be added within the last month of your current NOW TV services expiry date. The new pass will commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • Setting up a payment PIN on your NOW TV account is advised. As it will be prevent others from purchasing additional NOW TV services without your consent!
  • Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the NOW TV subscriber to manage their NOW TV account!

Hi,

I've just experienced this issue, so I have a few questions.

1. If I enter a 2 Month Movie pass or 3 Month Entertainment pass; am I able to cancel on Day 1 of the pass & still receive the full 2-3 Months value of the pass?

2. Why has Now TV removed the option to manage passes on the Xbox One? I would normally have stoped the pass from auto renewing, but there is no longer a way to check the expiry date or to cancel passes on the Xbox One.

3. Why dosen't Now TV issue automated email reminders, when a pass is due to expire?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

In answer to 1. Yes you can cancel on day one and you'll still get the full duration of your offer, during the cancellation process it will inform you you'll get the full length. Always a good idea to take a screenshot showing your offer start and end date though, on the slight chance something happens later down the line.

2 and 3 are good questions I don't know the answer to, with a bit of luck one of the NOW TV Team members may reply.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My mates who all use kodi think I'm stupid for paying, my argument has always been that I pay because it's the right thing to do and have always talked about how great it is to be in control financially (as opposed to sky through a dish). It's always been an illusion though, just previously managed to catch it before so not had this problem. Maybe Now TV want everyone to move to kodi for an easy life?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User,

Do what a lot of us here do and exclusively use vouchers. And if you don't have a voucher... Cancel the service until you do have one!  

That's as much advice as anyone here can give you. Nobody here can discuss your 'Kodi' comment because it's in breech of forum policy, not to mention illegal.  

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If there is no option to 'disable auto renew' why have i been informed by a chat moderator that she has disabled my auto renew to avoid me being charged for a monthly entertainment pass that i didnt sign up for in the first place either for the free trial or subsciption.  

Isnt it enought Nowtv that you automatically charge for passes after the free trial unless the recipient logs into their account to cancel the 'subcription' they didnt agree to with about 5 days advance notice and with no option to disable future renewals but you are automatically giving people free trials when they dont even want one or signed up for one.  I was sent an email out of the blue announcing I had been given a free trial implying it was a 'reward' for taking out a sky sports pass.

I was advised by the chat help to switch off the automatic renewal! When i said i didnt have access to the account she said she had done it for me then kept repeating that i wont be charged for free trials until they ended so not to worry and 'smile'😲When I finally sorted out how to get help and amended my account its taken the best part of one of my few free evenings.  Its discraceful marketing to impose a free trial for entertainment/cinema on someone who set up an account to buy a 24 hr sports pass and then rub their noses in it by making it impossible to contact anyone by phone (nowtv help phonelines only for broadband customers!) and subsequently informing them nowtv will be using those same bank details to start charging now the trials running out unless i cancel. Not only that but as there is no auto renew disabler, so I will have to go through the whole thing if i activate any other kind of pass in the future.  As the cancellation email says to restart your free trial activate ANY of the nowtv passes. If i wanted a free trial for entertainment or cinema, i would have asked for one! I signed up to watch 2 football matches is all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And in response To your post at 9.57 Champion vis a vis point 2

How on earth are you supposed to cancel your free trial before it even starts if you are only informed by email that you have one thats already started and of which you had no prior knowledge. Does this clause have any teeth at all?!