cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No option to disable auto-renew, only cancel?

Hi there,

I've just bought my Now TV box and have started my 30 day free trial. I don't know if I'll keep the box after 30 days, so would like to prevent this from autorenewing. However I do not wish to cancel my free trial at this stage.

Reading these forums, there are a lot of references to going to My Account on the web, clicking Cancel and disabling Auto Renew. However, when I try this I only have the option to cancel - there are no references to subscriptions or autorenew.

If I click cancel, will this also cancel my free trial? How do I keep the trial running but prevent the subscription from starting?

Thanks in advance,

Stu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User - this is correct the account will need to be cancelled in the last month of his 3 months pass. Any time before will cancel his subscription but more importantly the offer of the pass.

Char

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

83 REPLIES 83
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have used a voucher code for 3 month sky movies which I received after purchasing a smart TV, and now I have applied it to my account, but I do not wish to pay after 3 months so if i cancel the sky movie pass will it cancel the auto renew and still allow me to watch movies for the 3 months, and also I have used one day sky sport pass but I am not given any option to cancel it in "my account" settings so will I be charged 9.99 in 24 hours.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well its quite obvious all you at the now tv office,People on here are saying they are not happy that you do not have a option on the account to be able to turn off auto billing.change the system so there is this option,Problem solved,Its not hard & we are not interested how many happy customers you have or spoken too this is what the unhappy ones are saying.I for one have now been billed again & im going to act with my keyboard and cancell all my packages and get rid of now tv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Whether it's auto renew or cancel, essentially you are cancelling your service until you restart it again, and no it's not difficult to restart, go back into your account and restart service. Honestly some of you moaners need to get a life, this model is no different to other streaming services, except it gives you to the end of the month that you had paid for, some other providers don't! You'd really then have a reason to gripe!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

wtf!!!  its taken an hour of my life to find out how to make sure money isnt taken from my account at the end of a free period received to now tv following purchase of a smart tv. not exactly easy to follow instructions in the "my account" section, or clear and concise instructions as to what happens when you click "cancel pass"!  my mouse hovered above it for a few minutes, which would have meant i would have lost the last 2 months of my 3 month trial if i had clicked on it!!!!!!   i can understand why there is a lot of frustration and anger surrounding this issue!   there is obviously easier ways to go about offering this information and auto renew/(dont renew!!) options in your "my account" menus.  i will never get that hour back!!

anyway......calender reminder logged, now tv will be cancelled in final month, end of!!

my question is..........how do i get my card details off your system???  i neither want or require you to have these details as i will not be using now tv after trail period expires.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They may not store CC details depending on how they comply with PCI DSS. Many companies do not store card details and outsource this to easily remain PCI compliant.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Matthew1812,

Thanks for getting in touch with your post, sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the service.

In regards to cancelling any offers that you are on. If you cancel now with more than a months subscription remaining, you would only get to view the service up until the end of the current subscription month and the offer would no longer be valid thereafter.

Also you have mentioned that you would like for us to remove your card details. You can request this via LiveChat or by submitting via email here.

I hope that this helps.

Kindest regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Michael,

Wouldn't it be fairer to also point out to Matthew1812 and others the consequences of removing his card data, even if he won't be using the services after the trial he also won't be able to?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

question here just so i am clear, when the free period ends i need to cancel and understand that.

when can i cancel upto ??

example

Your first payment will be: £9.99 on 17 January 2015

now can i cancel on the 16th or does it have to be sooner e.g. because they are taken from a credit card takes more days to go thru think some cards can take 3 days to go thru.

so if is the case 3 days would have to cancel on 13th or 14th if a staff member can give me precise info would be grateful so that is full understood.

many thanks

basil

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you can cancel today and still have the remainder of your trial. The actual deadline to being charged for the next month is 30 days to the minute you joined up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Juist gone on to see how much I had got on my two free months.  Looked at my payment history and it seems I have been paying for it for 5 months of last year without me even realising it.

When you take up a free trial you should be asked whether you want to carry it on.  It should never be assumed.  I am pretty sure there was an auto renewel on/off button but I maybe wrong.

Pretty peeved off to say the least.