cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No option to disable auto-renew, only cancel?

Hi there,

I've just bought my Now TV box and have started my 30 day free trial. I don't know if I'll keep the box after 30 days, so would like to prevent this from autorenewing. However I do not wish to cancel my free trial at this stage.

Reading these forums, there are a lot of references to going to My Account on the web, clicking Cancel and disabling Auto Renew. However, when I try this I only have the option to cancel - there are no references to subscriptions or autorenew.

If I click cancel, will this also cancel my free trial? How do I keep the trial running but prevent the subscription from starting?

Thanks in advance,

Stu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User - this is correct the account will need to be cancelled in the last month of his 3 months pass. Any time before will cancel his subscription but more importantly the offer of the pass.

Char

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

83 REPLIES 83
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi daddyc5,

Thank you for your post.

My account section only appears in a fully active NOW TV account only on a pc/laptop or a mac.

Thanks,

Zaheer

NOW TV Team.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dir Sir,

I admire the writing.

I will sign under the class action law suit if you wish to write it. I will give up my part inmreturn of satisfaction.

By the way mine has runned three months without my notice and I am realy upset about it.

All the best,

MICHAEL

Richmont Tea UK Ltd

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So i cancelled a voucher and i recived a msg to say i could have movies for 6.99 a month, Still i canceled. Im told i have the the 30 days i have paid for then it is cancelled. I really hope it dosnt auto renew. Reason im stopping. I switched the autorenew off when i bought the now tv box and it looks like from a update or having a youveiw box installed it has re enabled itself without my knowledge. I recieved no email or notification that i had paid for another month. If it was true pay as you go i might trust it. But i dont feel like i have controll over it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bli,

Thanks for getting in contact.

When you cancel your autorenew it will stay off providing you don't try to watch anything on NOW TV after the trial or paid period. It should not reactivate itself for any other reason. If you wish to double check this with us, Contact Us securely and and advisor will be happy to helo.

Regards,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

if they can afford noe tv they surely can afford sky tv subscription, now tv allows users to just have one of the package without getting into a one year contract.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi ImzMiah,

Thanks for contacting us at NOW TV, glad to see you've taken one of our great offers 🙂

Just to let you know, you shouldn't cancel your 3 months movie pass until you enter into your last month. If you cancel your subscription now, your subscription will end at the end of your first month and you'll lose the rest of your offer.

In regards to your sports day pass, these are bought on a pay as you go basis. You will not be charged every 24 hours and there's no need to cancel as it's not a subscription. You can purchase a pass if and when you wish.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Sal

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is very shonky. It is not a great model nor is it good customer service. I want to be able to pick and choose months to subscribe. I don't want to have to cancel every time to override the auto renew.

The net result is that I am walking away rather than signing up for a month when I feel the need.

You're only defeating yourselves with this strategy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The website is still not clear.  I went through the cancel screens, and I didn't see anything that said exactly when you will lose the subscription.  In fact, at the very last cancel screen, it says at the bottom: 

You can stop subscription renewing at any time. Remainder of offer lost if you cancel before end of offer period. 

But I can't see anywhere to stop renewal, and the second sentence implies it ends immediately.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi rn170,

Thank you for your post.

Once you have followed all the cancellation steps and cancelled your subscription it will end on your renewal date.

To check what date your subscription ends is in the my account section of your NOW TV account only on a pc/laptop or a mac.

Thanks,

Zaheer

NOW TV Team.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Again why do we have to cancel and keep checking dates when you can very well change the system so there is no auto renewal BUT its blatantly obvious your just quite happy to leave everything the way it is as your earning a good screw from our misfortunes,MY advise to anyone that I speak to is simply not bother getting this system as its more agro then its worth.