cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: No option to disable auto-renew, only cancel?

Well its quite obvious all you at the now tv office,People on here are saying they are not happy that you do not have a option on the account to be able to turn off auto billing.change the system so there is this option,Problem solved,Its not hard & we are not interested how many happy customers you have or spoken too this is what the unhappy ones are saying.I for one have now been billed again & im going to act with my keyboard and cancell all my packages and get rid of now tv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So i cancelled a voucher and i recived a msg to say i could have movies for 6.99 a month, Still i canceled. Im told i have the the 30 days i have paid for then it is cancelled. I really hope it dosnt auto renew. Reason im stopping. I switched the autorenew off when i bought the now tv box and it looks like from a update or having a youveiw box installed it has re enabled itself without my knowledge. I recieved no email or notification that i had paid for another month. If it was true pay as you go i might trust it. But i dont feel like i have controll over it.

0 Thanks
Aaron-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi Bli,

Thanks for getting in contact.

When you cancel your autorenew it will stay off providing you don't try to watch anything on NOW TV after the trial or paid period. It should not reactivate itself for any other reason. If you wish to double check this with us, Contact Us securely and and advisor will be happy to helo.

Regards,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Scottie79
Expert 2

Whether it's auto renew or cancel, essentially you are cancelling your service until you restart it again, and no it's not difficult to restart, go back into your account and restart service. Honestly some of you moaners need to get a life, this model is no different to other streaming services, except it gives you to the end of the month that you had paid for, some other providers don't! You'd really then have a reason to gripe!
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The website is still not clear.  I went through the cancel screens, and I didn't see anything that said exactly when you will lose the subscription.  In fact, at the very last cancel screen, it says at the bottom: 

You can stop subscription renewing at any time. Remainder of offer lost if you cancel before end of offer period. 

But I can't see anywhere to stop renewal, and the second sentence implies it ends immediately.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi rn170,

Thank you for your post.

Once you have followed all the cancellation steps and cancelled your subscription it will end on your renewal date.

To check what date your subscription ends is in the my account section of your NOW TV account only on a pc/laptop or a mac.

Thanks,

Zaheer

NOW TV Team.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Again why do we have to cancel and keep checking dates when you can very well change the system so there is no auto renewal BUT its blatantly obvious your just quite happy to leave everything the way it is as your earning a good screw from our misfortunes,MY advise to anyone that I speak to is simply not bother getting this system as its more agro then its worth.
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

JUST DO WHAT I & MANY OTHERS HAVE DONE & GET RID OF THE SYSTEM There not going to change the way they operate
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Everything this guy is true.

NOWTV or SKY as it is, has found a way of selling something for only £10 and it is a quality piece off kit . The down side, like this guy has said, when your regeristing you card details ( which you have to do ) you will get charged after your 30 free movie trial.

THIS IS NOT A PAY PER MONTH SERVICE

I can cancell my account,I was reassured I could put it on hold!!!! but to re register under my same credit card details is impossible .

I also have 2 boxes with the same card details with 2 x 30 day trials,( one for each box). I tried to end one and start the other 30 day trial,I had paid for 2 boxes,that's 60 days isnt it? Well ,because I had registered the 2 boxes under the same credit card I got charged £8.99

BE CAREFULL,very cheap box but SKY are very clever at making money

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Best thing to do is ignore sky, enter tech menu install plex use the box as
your own media server streamer. Add your own movies from better and more
frequently updated sites 😉

0 Thanks