cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

News Channels

Dear Forum Members

I was trying to look at BBC News for a particular topic when, after clicking the channel/app, the opening BBC screen got stuck on the splash page.  I exited, by pressing the home button on the remote, tried the BBC News channel/app again, and again got stuck on the opening splash page.

However, I found that BBC's iPlayer still works perfectly.

I gave up on BBC News and clicked on the Fox News channel/app, it loaded up without any problems then, after selecting a news article icon, I found that the news article would not load.  The loading process started but then suddenly stopped before it could completely load.  I tried a few other news article icons and got exactly the same results, i.e. the article started to load but suddenly stopped before completion.

I have not taken any action to find a local fix for the news channels/apps problem because they have probably been updated by their producers and are now somewhat incompatible with the white box.

Unless there is another more plausible explanation.

UK Bob

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ukbobboy

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you're having issues with some of the apps. Are you having any issues with the NOW TV app also? Can you try deleting the app and re-installing any of the apps that you're having problems with. If that still fails then please try rebooting the box and the router and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello @Anonymous User. Do you know if there is an update for the fitness app on the homepage? I'm sure it's been mentioned on here before where the app is all broken.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Ranj-S

Thanks for responding to my posting but, to tell you the truth, I more interested in reporting the problems and how I found out about them rather than, at this moment, taking any active action in trying to find a fix.

You see, I am still enjoying using my Now TV white box and the loss of the two news channels is nothing more than a small inconvenience, which really has no affect on my current enjoyment.

You ask: "Are you having any issues with the NOW TV app also?".

Answer: I don't use the Now TV app, I used it initially when I first bought the box back in October 2014 but since then only twice.

Anyway, I have brought this problem to your attention which may help when you do a round up of reported channel/app problems in the future, for now I do not intend to take this further unless something more problematic occurs to my box.

Also, as your team is working on an update for the white box I'll wait until that is rolled out, and see how I'm affected by that, before doing any in-depth testing.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ukbobboy

Thanks for getting back to us.

We really appreciate all your findings/feedback.

If you find anything else in future please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us 🙂

Cheers,

Rob

NOW TV Team

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Rob-T

The two news channels I had problems with on 16th March, i.e. BBC News and Fox News, are now working properly and as expected.

I'm sure you guys did something behind the scenes, don't know what you did but whatever it was you have my thanks.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ranj

Just saw that Bob was able to access the Fox News Channel app, but I can't find it on mine. Could you help me to locate? Also, are there any other news channels I can add except for the Sky News, BBC News and [possibly] Fox News apps?

Thanks,

I

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi L

Just seen your note about my problem, which occurred back in March 2016, about three years ago.

Since then, a lot of things have changed, e.g. don't know if Ranj still works at Now TV and not even sure if the Fox News app exist anymore. The only way you will know any of this is to access Now TV's app store by pressing the button labelled either Now TV Store or Sky Store on your remote control.

A word of warning, I no longer own a Now TV box nor a Now TV remote control, I now use a Roku 3 instead, so I am advising you based on my poor (addled) memory.

Anyway, I hope that I was able help.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Fox News App was on both the NowTV and Roku platform in the past.

Haven't checked the App in a long time to be honest and noticed since your post that it has disappeared or been removed from both the Roku and NowTV Apps Store.

I will tag @Karl-F  from the NowTV Team on here for an update with regards to this App because according to this information taken from the NowTV Help Centre it still says that the Fox News App is still available from the NowTV Apps Store.

http://web.static.nowtv.com/images/docs/apps-on-the-now-tv-box-stick-uk-jan-19.pdf