cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Why is Nbc iplayer on now tv soooo slow - it's always been like this and just wondered if others had found the same issue? Every other app is find!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Bbc iplayer - sorry autocorrect!!
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User For the white box? I find there is lag on all apps since that box is an old model. 🙂

You could try this to see if it helps:

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Other-app-not-working-NOW-TV-Box

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User I'd really recommend upgrading to the black box. You can often get deals for boxes & pass which means the box is effectively free. BBC I Player is loads faster on there, so are the other apps.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I purchased a NOW TV black box over one week ago. Everything works fine except BBC iplayer. The app loads but any catch-up TV programme I try to play results in the "Something went wrong message". I have notified BBC who say they are investigating but no resolution yet. Anyone else having this problem and does anyone have a solution ?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

There hasn't been any reports of the BBC app not working generally. You could try rebooting your broadband router to see if that helps. 

If not, try deleting the app from your box by going to the My Apps section on the homescreen. Highlight the BBC iPlayer app but don't click OK to open it. Instead click the * button on the remote and choose remove app. Then add the app again by going to the App Store on the homescreen and clicking the BBC iPlayer to install it.

If you still have trouble you may need to contact BBC iPlayer help again. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks but that didn't work.

I'm using a 4G router to get a faster internet connection - could that be
the problem ?

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

There's a possibility if you're using a router other than the one that was supplied by your ISP that it could be have problems with iplayers setup?

As it's not our app we can only suggest resetting the box and  re - adding the app. but you could try changing the channel settings on the router?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi JTC, rather than anything being wrong with your router, tv or even the now box, it could just be that the iplayer app is feeding us total bulls**t... Don't bother with regedit, rebooting or turning it on or off again, just pay £145 per annum for a shi*e service from the bbc! What a con!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is anyone else getting

"........ISP cant find livetvapps.co.uk"

this... instead of error 404 page moved etc.

The version has gone from 2.2 to 2.3 but the app is still not getting to .......bbc.co.uk/iplayer