cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I record content?

Hi All, can i ask if it is posible to record anything on the NowTV box and if so how is it done and where does Now TV store the recording.

Also, is there a detailed user manual anywhere. I apreciate there is plenty of help from the site but this takes so much time to navigate through it is to slow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User there is no recording feature on the box, or with NowTV. However you'll find most of the live shows are already avaible on demand or are added shortly after being shown.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @mercedesamg 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.  It's not possible to record from a NOW TV box.  With regards to a user manual, I'm not aware of one, having said that, if there is, no doubt another forum member/member of the NOW TV Team wil be able to point you in the right directionSmiley Happy

If there anything specific you'd like to know about the NOW TV box other than if recording of content is possible?

EDIT - was beaten to itSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there

I'm currently a Sky customer and want to bin that and join NOW TV (I realise this is still Sky) but wanted to know if I could still use my current Sky box to record stuff if I have cancelled my account.  If not how can I recored programmes?

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you would really need to ask these questions to Sky, but last time I checked a Sky+ box stopped recording and didn't let you watch any saved shows once you stopped paying. 

If you are after recording normal TV shows (like BBC, ITV, Five) you might want to invest in either a Freesat or Freeview recordable box. 

If you are after recording stuff from Sky, it's not possible with NOW TV and the only option is to hope that what you want is available as catchup (new content likely, reruns very unlikely).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I've bought a NOW TV white box, does this allow catch up on sky1 as my internet doesn't get connected until 2 weeks after the new series of Arrow and The Flash start as it doesn't allow recording.

Thanks in advance

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User yup you get catchup with the NOW TV boxes. The length of availability varies with each show and can be between 7-30 days. I'd expect Flash and Arrow both to be about 30.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you very much!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really annoyed bought an expensive £14.00 week of world cricket for the very firts time

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Annoyed I paid £14.00 for a weeks world cup cricket. Left it on and paused it while had to shopping for the morning. When i came back, I found the match playing when I  had  paused it to watch later. I tried to find the record button. But found none. This means Im going to pay  Virgin media £33 a month until july. Doesnt Nowtv realise that staying glued to a tv 10am to 7pm 8n this busy world is not an option. Why not make a box for aro7nd £70 or so for a device that at can record

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Annoyed I paid £14.00 for a weeks world cup cricket. Left it on and paused it while had to shopping for the morning. When i came back, I found the match playing when I  had  paused it to watch later. I tried to find the record button. But found none. This means Im going to pay  Virgin media £33 a month until july. Doesnt Nowtv realise that staying glued to a tv 10am to 7pm 8n this busy world is not an option. Why not make a box for around 7nd £70 or so for a device that at can record what is an overpriced subscription. I lost 3 hours of play. Nowtv needs to seriously get its act together or its end of my 4 subscriptions and back to virgin who supply my internet who are just as bad😕

Legend 5
Legend 5

If you have Sky already but are ditching the service, you should still be able to get the free sat programs to supplement this. Unless of course you are having the dish removed.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.