cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I record content?

Hi All, can i ask if it is posible to record anything on the NowTV box and if so how is it done and where does Now TV store the recording.

Also, is there a detailed user manual anywhere. I apreciate there is plenty of help from the site but this takes so much time to navigate through it is to slow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User there is no recording feature on the box, or with NowTV. However you'll find most of the live shows are already avaible on demand or are added shortly after being shown.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User there is no recording feature on the box, or with NowTV. However you'll find most of the live shows are already avaible on demand or are added shortly after being shown.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I be wrong about this but would it not be possible to plug the HDMI cable from the box into a DVD recorder or similar and record it that way one would only need to make sure the box was on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Welcome to forums

By all means try but I doubt very much that it'll work as recording NowTV isn't allowed

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for that reply, i was just pondering this as im away next weekend and i usually buy the week pass for sky sports so i can watch formula1 i just thought that hdmi lead has the output from the box and it would display on tb and wondered if the recorder could act as the receiver just like the tv but if its not allowed to record it then i guess that puts pay to that my other option would be to hope that sky rerun the whole weekend or at least the race 

%0A%0A%23%23-%20Please%20type%20your%20reply%20above%20this%20line%20-%23%23

Sent from myMail for iOS

Sent from myMail for iOS
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User as there isn't much else for Sky Sports F1 to show during the week you should hopefully get a full rerun, along with the highlights several times.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why not?? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stevewhyles wrote:

I be wrong about this but would it not be possible to plug the HDMI cable from the box into a DVD recorder or similar and record it that way one would only need to make sure the box was on.

The problem is that there are no DVD/HDD recorders I am aware of that have HDMI in. It may be possible with the white box and the component output, if you can get it to work (I never did)

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

ClockEnd wrote:

Oh jeez... The output quality of those things are dreadful Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I am going to delete your posts on this and other threads that mention how to record as it's a breach of T & C's and our forum rules.

@Karl-F has also been made aware of the rule breach.

Thanks

Andy