cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box stuck on Logo Screen

I have looked but was unable to see any other posts with the same problem. I have had my box for about 17 months, however two nights ago, I turned my AV receiver over to my NOWTV Channel, only to find the NOWTV Logo With the pulsating Play button animation, this did not respond when I pressed the corresponding button on the remote. I then tried resetting the box including a hard reset and each time I then ran through the following:-

Constant white light for about 12 seconds with no response from the play button.

flashing white light for around 17 seconds, no response and then it responds and the "Lets get started" screen appears.

Press OK and go through the set up wireless network process (SKY, SR101 Modem), press "Connect" and get three green arrows.

Next comes the "Update available" which also seems to work and obtains 100%

Then back to the the NOWTV Logo With the pulsating Play animation, which still does not respond.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, working fine now for me, had to reload all my apps. Nice to see that you finally rolled back the software. I hope I can now go back from an Occasional Poster to a Never Poster. Smiley LOL

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, working fine now for me, had to reload all my apps. Nice to see that you finally rolled back the software. I hope I can now go back from an Occasional Poster to a Never Poster. Smiley LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

how is your streaming, my box also had this problem, reset it but the UI is very sluggish and load times are slow

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry Skip but I only use the box with an app to stream content from my PC and other devices, that and the user interface is the same speed as it always was. Just tried a few channels such as Sky news and BBC news after reading your post and they seem quite fast but I have no previous experience using those channels to compare. As the software is now using a previous version (5.5) I doubt that would be the problem, maybe you could try a speed check , speedtest.net is quite a good site.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having a similar problem and I don’t have permission to view this link 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here this thread is useless nothing from Now Tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

1) Are you unable to see your WiFi network on the "set up network connection page"? Yes/No

Yes... was able to connect and it would go only to update so did it.

2) Are you able to change the WiFi channel that your internet router uses to any between 1 and 11? Yes/No

Yes ...Tried 1 to 13. Now TV still the same

3) Have you tried a factory reset by sticking a pin/paperclip in the back of your NOW TV Box for 30 seconds, then rebooting the box? Yes/No

Yes. A few times.

New box just bought. Plugged in. Entered wifi . Update-> continue->hang on Logo screen.

Model: 2400SK

1ML48U030072

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you still having issues? Have you been able to watch on other devices? Have you tried rebooting your router as after changing the router channel?

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So nice to see a statement on the other closed thread claiming that this had been completely resolved...

Update kills the box, as it gets stuck on the boot logo.  Tried resetting with pin, leaving unplugged for days, changing WIFI channel (daft as was already on lower numbers) disable pings, reset router, reset now tv box... reset both together.

Process goes... plugin, goes to initial setup (as I reset of course) find network, all ok, looks for update (can't skip this which is genius as it's the update that breaks it!) downloads update (so network working fine) reboots... and dies... every time... have tried all suggested "fixes" and it's still a paperweight

Is there any actual practical useful method of resolving this problem?

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Please keep an eye out for an email from us shortly requesting more information regarding your box.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm experiencing exactly the same issues as the previous poster. If a solution is available, can it be published for the benefit of others in the same predicament?

Many thanks.