Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crossy4642
First Poster

Re: NOW TV box stuck on Logo Screen

Hello, this has been happening a few days but not looked into it before today

Serial number is 1ML461077437

so annoying as on nights and use it mist then in between day time sleeps.

0 Thanks
affronted
First Poster

how did you fix this problem. i have the same one

0 Thanks
laplap
Contributor 2

Model #: 2400SK

Serial no: 1MK435072649

0 Thanks
RoyN
Occasional Poster

Nowtv box - Model: 2400SK, Serial No. 1MH36E028991

My box has no trouble connecting to my Router and does so successfully, it's only after it does that and proceeds to update the software that we get into this endless loop.

Since it was I that started this thread, I would like to clarify a few things. Your workaround of changing the channel in my internet router settings as suggested in your community post:-

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Issues-connecting-to-WiFi-networks-on-NOW-TV-Box...

Does not work, my own set up was on Auto and was using channel 1, I have manually changed this to 11 and a few other channels to no avail, as confirmed by other users in this parallel thread:-

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box/Help-changing-WiFi-channel-due-to-NOW-TV-Box-issue/m-p/2887...

These threads also seem to be getting into an endless loop! Your workaround is useless, I haven't seen one post where someone has stated that it works! I am in I.T. myself and I am used to changing settings etc. but how many of your users are NOT, I am sure that there are many of your customers who are not even aware of this forum.

Instead of waiting for an unspecified time scale for an update to solve this issue, why not simply roll back the software to the previous version (that worked) until you can identify and fix the problem. At least we could watch our programmes again.

laplap
Contributor 2

Box working. Software has reverted back to version 5.5 Man WinkSmiley Happy

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your posts regarding this issue.

Please take a look at this topic for an update on this issue and hopefully some advice that should f...

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

RoyN
Occasional Poster

Yep, working fine now for me, had to reload all my apps. Nice to see that you finally rolled back the software. I hope I can now go back from an Occasional Poster to a Never Poster. Smiley LOL

0 Thanks
skip25
Occasional Poster

how is your streaming, my box also had this problem, reset it but the UI is very sluggish and load times are slow

0 Thanks
RoyN
Occasional Poster

Sorry Skip but I only use the box with an app to stream content from my PC and other devices, that and the user interface is the same speed as it always was. Just tried a few channels such as Sky news and BBC news after reading your post and they seem quite fast but I have no previous experience using those channels to compare. As the software is now using a previous version (5.5) I doubt that would be the problem, maybe you could try a speed check , speedtest.net is quite a good site.

0 Thanks
Maniac
First Poster

1) Are you unable to see your WiFi network on the "set up network connection page"? Yes/No

Yes... was able to connect and it would go only to update so did it.

2) Are you able to change the WiFi channel that your internet router uses to any between 1 and 11? Yes/No

Yes ...Tried 1 to 13. Now TV still the same

3) Have you tried a factory reset by sticking a pin/paperclip in the back of your NOW TV Box for 30 seconds, then rebooting the box? Yes/No

Yes. A few times.

New box just bought. Plugged in. Entered wifi . Update-> continue->hang on Logo screen.

Model: 2400SK

1ML48U030072

0 Thanks