cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box stuck on Logo Screen

I have looked but was unable to see any other posts with the same problem. I have had my box for about 17 months, however two nights ago, I turned my AV receiver over to my NOWTV Channel, only to find the NOWTV Logo With the pulsating Play button animation, this did not respond when I pressed the corresponding button on the remote. I then tried resetting the box including a hard reset and each time I then ran through the following:-

Constant white light for about 12 seconds with no response from the play button.

flashing white light for around 17 seconds, no response and then it responds and the "Lets get started" screen appears.

Press OK and go through the set up wireless network process (SKY, SR101 Modem), press "Connect" and get three green arrows.

Next comes the "Update available" which also seems to work and obtains 100%

Then back to the the NOWTV Logo With the pulsating Play animation, which still does not respond.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, working fine now for me, had to reload all my apps. Nice to see that you finally rolled back the software. I hope I can now go back from an Occasional Poster to a Never Poster. Smiley LOL

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having exactly the same problems with both of my Now TV Boxes! Every time I try a software update it gets to 100%, says it will restart, then goes to the logo screen mentioned above and won't respond unless I soft reset.

(Current) software version is 5.50.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue too, identical details as described by Royn. And now the box is useless as im stuck in a constant loop of setting up again and returning to the pulsating logo. Only had the box two months.. NOW TV - you have any knoweldge of this error and a fix please? .. Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine too, I've done the reset but that hasn't helped, any ideas on how to fix it?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Mine too, I've done the reset but that hasn't helped, any ideas on how to fix it?

No now technical team have been useless.i followed instructions,it failed.i emailed serial number of box but no reply

@Anonymous User wrote:

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got the same problem too.

However I've established that when NOW send a verification email it doesn't arrive despite the email being up and running. (for mail sent from elsewhere)

Double checked account details and all is correct so somehow the NOW end of the process is at fault.

They are working on it!!

Have wasted 4 hours on the Chat resolution process with 4 Chats dropped part way through. Very frustrating. The guys are just script readers and don't seem to know anything about the technical side.

However I did get the Chat escalated and the guy who is currently working on the problem is CONFIDENT it will be resolved. I'll reserve judgement!! He was going to get back to me via email until I pointed out the problem- Heaven help us!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry for all these issues, we spoke yesterday evening and I hope all is now resolved. Please let me know if my steps haven't resolved the issue but it should be fine.

Enjoy your viewing and have a great weekend. Apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. Was on software version 5.5.430, did the update to 6.1.5516 and now I have a brick. Any help would be welcome.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User (and all) can you login in to your routers and check what Channel they are currently on? If it's 12, 13 or auto can you change it to anything between 1 and 11?

If you don't know how to login or adjust settings please post your ISP, router make and model.

Help for Sky Routers

Help for Virgin Routers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My virgin routers on channel 6. This is confirmed on the now tv screen when it successfully connects. It just wont complete the software upgrade as described above. Any other advice please? With thanks