cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box stuck on Logo Screen

I have looked but was unable to see any other posts with the same problem. I have had my box for about 17 months, however two nights ago, I turned my AV receiver over to my NOWTV Channel, only to find the NOWTV Logo With the pulsating Play button animation, this did not respond when I pressed the corresponding button on the remote. I then tried resetting the box including a hard reset and each time I then ran through the following:-

Constant white light for about 12 seconds with no response from the play button.

flashing white light for around 17 seconds, no response and then it responds and the "Lets get started" screen appears.

Press OK and go through the set up wireless network process (SKY, SR101 Modem), press "Connect" and get three green arrows.

Next comes the "Update available" which also seems to work and obtains 100%

Then back to the the NOWTV Logo With the pulsating Play animation, which still does not respond.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, working fine now for me, had to reload all my apps. Nice to see that you finally rolled back the software. I hope I can now go back from an Occasional Poster to a Never Poster. Smiley LOL

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I did.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Okay, thanks @Anonymous User 

We're in the process of getting further information to get this sorted.

Very sorry about that 😞

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We're working hard to try and get this issue resolved. 

If you could please send us the serial number of the NOW TV Box where this loading issue is occurring it would be greatly appreciated. 

Many Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, this has been happening a few days but not looked into it before today

Serial number is 1ML461077437

so annoying as on nights and use it mist then in between day time sleeps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

how did you fix this problem. i have the same one

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I scroll across to NOW TV a sky sports pass advert comes on but can't do anything else. All other channels are OK. ANy ideas

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Model #: 2400SK

Serial no: 1MK435072649

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv box - Model: 2400SK, Serial No. 1MH36E028991

My box has no trouble connecting to my Router and does so successfully, it's only after it does that and proceeds to update the software that we get into this endless loop.

Since it was I that started this thread, I would like to clarify a few things. Your workaround of changing the channel in my internet router settings as suggested in your community post:-

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Issues-connecting-to-WiFi-networks-on-NOW-TV-Box...

Does not work, my own set up was on Auto and was using channel 1, I have manually changed this to 11 and a few other channels to no avail, as confirmed by other users in this parallel thread:-

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box/Help-changing-WiFi-channel-due-to-NOW-TV-Box-issue/m-p/2887...

These threads also seem to be getting into an endless loop! Your workaround is useless, I haven't seen one post where someone has stated that it works! I am in I.T. myself and I am used to changing settings etc. but how many of your users are NOT, I am sure that there are many of your customers who are not even aware of this forum.

Instead of waiting for an unspecified time scale for an update to solve this issue, why not simply roll back the software to the previous version (that worked) until you can identify and fix the problem. At least we could watch our programmes again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box working. Software has reverted back to version 5.5 Man WinkSmiley Happy

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your posts regarding this issue.

Please take a look at this topic for an update on this issue and hopefully some advice that should f...

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team