cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box stuck on Logo Screen

I have looked but was unable to see any other posts with the same problem. I have had my box for about 17 months, however two nights ago, I turned my AV receiver over to my NOWTV Channel, only to find the NOWTV Logo With the pulsating Play button animation, this did not respond when I pressed the corresponding button on the remote. I then tried resetting the box including a hard reset and each time I then ran through the following:-

Constant white light for about 12 seconds with no response from the play button.

flashing white light for around 17 seconds, no response and then it responds and the "Lets get started" screen appears.

Press OK and go through the set up wireless network process (SKY, SR101 Modem), press "Connect" and get three green arrows.

Next comes the "Update available" which also seems to work and obtains 100%

Then back to the the NOWTV Logo With the pulsating Play animation, which still does not respond.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, working fine now for me, had to reload all my apps. Nice to see that you finally rolled back the software. I hope I can now go back from an Occasional Poster to a Never Poster. Smiley LOL

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having this problem have tried multiple resets but still seeing the logo. I do have another NowTV connected to another tv which is working fine?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My belkin router was on auto so I changed to 5. Now tv box found the router, logged in and started the software update, rebooted and is stuck on now tv logo.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User (and others) now the router is on a different channel can you try a factory reset of the box. You'll need to put a pin in the back of it for about 10 seconds.

You might find that it takes a while to restart (5+ minutes), but hopefully it will be working again afterwards. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks artesea. Have done the factory reset and now I'm back to the pulsating logo. I've been on this screen for more than 5 minutes - is that what I should have expected? Prior to this factory reset had been having the same problem as everyone else. Does anyone from NowTV actually read these posts?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the staff are reading these and have posted an official announcement here

My NOW TV box is unplugged and behind the back of the TV so I can't test but others have informed me that eventually it should get past the pulsating logo.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks artesea. Much appreciated. Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same problem.......what a pile of excrement!!!!! Is there any danger of a fix being posted or are we meant to sit here and wonder why we wasted our money buying this half baked idea!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.

We're very sorry for this, please check out our Community post here to get further info and updates when the issue is fixed.

Regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Put the pin in and held for 10 seconds, it restarted, did the updates and got stuck on the logo. Waited half an hour and is still stuck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.

Can you please tell me if you reset your Box after you changed the Wireless channel? 

Regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team