cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box has suddenly stopped working.

Now TV Box been working fine till tonight then suddenly stopped working.Tried restting by pushing in the pin to restore it sees my network I enter correct password it goes through cycle then tells me cannot connect?I have a Virgin Media Superhub and all other devices connect to it fine.One of the suggestions I have seen is to check for udates via settings but when you do a reset you cannot get to that screen if it does not connect to the network wireless?

Suggestions would be areciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router this guide from Virgin should help. 

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

It might also be worthwhile making sure that the socket that your NOW TV Box is plugged into works with other devices.

Check to make sure that all the cables are inserted fully into your NOW TV Box as it may have come loose during your move.

Thanks

Andy

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @caseyb1993 @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Mr Newman

You know, the previous posters, in this thread, have all given you some good advice and I agree that you should try them first.  However, as a former white box owner myself, I would say that box is really not worth keeping anymore, especially if it has just died, like mine did early Sunday morning (15th October).

I would strongly urge you to ditch the white box, because it would be like trying to repair a light bulb, and get yourself a black box.  It is faster, smoother handling and all round better machine and, above all, if you look around you can get it for a bargain price.

When my white box died I dug out my black box, which I had bought previously (for £12 from Amazon), and quickly installed it, you see my white box was in it's second year of use and was coming to it's natural end.

As I said, my black box is more powerful than the white box, thanks to it's dual processor, and just as easy to install, i.e. you'll be a lot better off with a new black box.

Now TV (Black) Box.jpg

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was watching TV last night via the now tv box and it appeared to have frozen all of a sudden. Since then it won't come back on. I have reset it and the now tv logo flickers bit does not stay on??
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Did you do a hard reset or just power down the box? If you haven't tried already, with the box powered up insert a pin or bent paper clip into the reset hole at the rear and hold in until you see the box reset. You will need to re-enter your wifi and NOW TV account details afterwards.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi.

I did what you said but now the screen is blank and the box is flickering.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem this morning. So hopefully something their end that can be sorted
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been using 4 now tv boxes in each bedroom and now non of them will work. They worked fine last night but gone to use today and starts to boot up but then screen goes blank, starts boot up again sometimes but does the same, tried resetting but still the same. Check the other boxes and they are the same
Anonymous User
Not applicable
There are some technical difficulties at the moment my boxes are the same they are trying to fix the problem
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

It's not a problem at your end, NOW TV have identified an issue causing this and have posted a message about it here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Now-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208

I'd suggest going to that post and clicking Topic Options>Subscribe (you need to be signed in to do this) and then you should get an email when there is an update.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
When I click on topic options it won't let me subscribe