cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box has suddenly stopped working.

Now TV Box been working fine till tonight then suddenly stopped working.Tried restting by pushing in the pin to restore it sees my network I enter correct password it goes through cycle then tells me cannot connect?I have a Virgin Media Superhub and all other devices connect to it fine.One of the suggestions I have seen is to check for udates via settings but when you do a reset you cannot get to that screen if it does not connect to the network wireless?

Suggestions would be areciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router this guide from Virgin should help. 

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried rebooting your Router, also who is your ISP provider and what's the router model number ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have tried resetting the now tv box no joy. The model number is 2400SK. and the serial number is 1mm53y053849
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried rebooting the Router by switching the power off then back on again ?

Who is your internet service provider and the make and model of the router.

Also how far away is your Router from the NowTV box.

Last resort try a hard factory reset on your NowTV box by pushing a pin for about 30 seconds into the small reset hole on the back of box (before doing a factory reset make sure that you know your new router wifi password and NowTV username & password).

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps

Hi MW

Last year I had to change ISPs from the one I had originally logged my white box into to my new ISP, so my silly question to you is this:

Have you changed the network name on your box from the original name, you used to have, to the new network name you are using now?

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

That's a likely possibility. Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

y r u guys making it harder to get in touch with u live chat my box aint working properly from last night im going to leave this is not professional 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Whats the problem with your white nowtv box ?

Have a read of the help guide article below how to contact nowtv.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-contact-us

Here is a direct link to live chat if you are struggling.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Error-Messages-NOW-TV-Box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've moved house and have plugged my now tv box in and there's no lights on the box 😞 I've pressed the reset button but still made no difference! Do I need to go buy another one?
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Considering the white box is really old, it would be worth buying a new box.

Keep an eye out for deals in Argos, Sainsburys, Tesco and Amazon etc...

There are also way more devices to choose from:

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Just a shot in the dark ... but before you run out and buy a new box, it would be worth checking that the batteries in your remote are properly installed and that they have not gone "flat" during your house move.  Pressing the Home button on the remote should switch the box on.

Good luck!

Wlat