cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box has suddenly stopped working.

Now TV Box been working fine till tonight then suddenly stopped working.Tried restting by pushing in the pin to restore it sees my network I enter correct password it goes through cycle then tells me cannot connect?I have a Virgin Media Superhub and all other devices connect to it fine.One of the suggestions I have seen is to check for udates via settings but when you do a reset you cannot get to that screen if it does not connect to the network wireless?

Suggestions would be areciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router this guide from Virgin should help. 

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

The easiest way of contacting 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm looking for help with my now tv boxes one is the new black one and the other is a older white one, neither one of them will get passed the purple now tv sign and keeps going back to that every few seconds? I've tried turning the boxes on and off again and resetting them nothing seems to work.. Any help guys?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you using the boxes on the same TV ?

A pink TV screen normally suggest a possible HDMI issue, with the TV and box switched off try unplugging and reconnecting the HDMi cable at both ends, also try a different HDMI port on your TV and finally use a different HDMI cable. 

Also can you temporary test the boxes on a different TV in the house with a different HDMI cable (testing purposes only) ?

Edit - Sorry i think i have misread your post you can't get pass the NowTV purple welcome screen ?

If that the case the above might not be relevant.

Have you tried a hard factory reset on any of the boxes ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where the boxes working previously and do you unplug them when not in use (over night for eaxmple)?

It may be worth restarting your router. ive known the boxes to hang if something has changed on your connection since power down and they cant re-connect. If your using WiFi ensure the routers WiFi is trnasmitting. You can try plug in a cable for a wired connection to see if that helps too (if you have one).

When you say reset, did you try a normal reset or hard reset? As @schnapps suggested above, a hard reset (by putting a small pin in the reset hole located at the back) fixes most problems people have. (Hard reset will mean you have to set-up again, so have your wifi password and nowtv account details to hand).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I just had aproblem with my Now tv box and followed your  advice about resetting with the pin hole at the back. It worked right away!

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey, no they are both on different TVs, it's not a hdmi fault as the now tv sign is coming up. The you anyway
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, I have tried resetting both and nothing seems to be working.. Thanks you anyway!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

For both boxes to have the same fault issue on two different TV's in your house, to me would point towards your Router.

Have you tried has @Anonymous User suggested rebooting your Router, i am also assuming you are not using any VPN or smart DNS settings on your Router ?

Also can you confirm your ISP and the Router model (there maybe something in the router which is effecting the NowTV boxes and needs resetting or changing).

If practicaly possible can you (temporary test) the black box with a hard wired Ethernet cable to your router to see if that helps in anyway ?  

Another question, when the boxes were working do you leave them switched on at the mains each night or do you unplug them from the mains power outlet ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

I'm in agreement with @schnapps, If both boxes have the same fault it would lead me to the router as well.

Just to test if you can set-up a WI-FI hotspot on your mobile and try to connect 1 of your Boxes to that network.

If it works then it points to your router, being at fault.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just moved house and wi fi providers. I went to plug in my now tv box via hdmi and it keeps saying no signal. I have tried on both my TVs? Is there a way to resolve this problem? I have also tried to reset my now tv box also.