cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box has suddenly stopped working.

Now TV Box been working fine till tonight then suddenly stopped working.Tried restting by pushing in the pin to restore it sees my network I enter correct password it goes through cycle then tells me cannot connect?I have a Virgin Media Superhub and all other devices connect to it fine.One of the suggestions I have seen is to check for udates via settings but when you do a reset you cannot get to that screen if it does not connect to the network wireless?

Suggestions would be areciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router this guide from Virgin should help. 

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This is happening to mine too!
It was working fine this morning and then this afternoon it wouldn't come on, I eventually got it working but the. Half way through a show I was watching the sound went off it. I paused the show and now I can't resume playing it or get back to the home page 😕
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the same problem too. It was working fine then all of a sudden it stopped working and I couldn't pick up a signal. Has this happened to anyone else or is it just me and  I have a faculty box? Thanks in advance, Heather 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you've had issues with your box. What happens when you try to view NOW TV? When does the issues start. When you put the box on or when you click on the app?

Can you try a hard rest on the box for me. Also reboot your router. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Havnt used my box until last week (new game of thrones series) & surprise my wee box is not working, green light at the front is flashing (after doing the reset thing) has anyone got any ideas how to fix this wee prob ???

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Well C, if it is still under guarantee then change it, if it is not (and that is most likely) then you will probably have to get a new one,  simply because there are no replaceable or repairable parts.

Something else you might want to know, some electronic equipment, especially the small ones, if you don't use them regularly they have a tendency to (just) stop working.

Finally, the white box OS has just been updated this may have had an unknown, but unlikely, affect on your system.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why has my now to box suddenly stopped working? Was fine last night come in from work to watch to and it's not letting me do anything it keeps going off it loads ion the main purple and orange starting up screen lets me type my wifi in sometimes then just tuns off? Any ideas? I've tried the reset button but that's not helped! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that your box is stuck on a loop.

If you manage to get your box to stay on long enough then maybe try a forced software update.

However if that doesn't work a hard reset could work, failing that a new box may be required 😞

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Neither have worked so look like I'm gonna have to get a new box.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Is your box under warranty? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

my now tv box has stopped working, has no power going to it, i have tryed and tryed to get on to the live chat but cant. my box is only just over a year old