cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box has suddenly stopped working.

Now TV Box been working fine till tonight then suddenly stopped working.Tried restting by pushing in the pin to restore it sees my network I enter correct password it goes through cycle then tells me cannot connect?I have a Virgin Media Superhub and all other devices connect to it fine.One of the suggestions I have seen is to check for udates via settings but when you do a reset you cannot get to that screen if it does not connect to the network wireless?

Suggestions would be areciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router this guide from Virgin should help. 

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268

Hi 4268

You said, "You are simply using a new device".  Yes, I realised that, I think the point I making was that I anticipated my white box was coming to the end of it's life and prepared for the event by buying a black box.

Installing the new box was relatively easy and, as I was going through the process, it struck me why you chose such an easy user name, typing in mine was a chore.

Finally, in my previous post I noticed that I had typed in "discounted" by mistake, it should have been "disconnected".

UK Bob

PS. My new box does not show up, in my Managed Devices, as a new device, in fact it has not shown up at all even though I have already used it.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

@4268

Hi 4268

Installing the new box was relatively easy and, as I was going through the process, it struck me why you chose such an easy user name, typing in mine was a chore.

PS. My new box does not show up, in my Managed Devices, as a new device, in fact it has not shown up at all even though I have already used it.

Strange box not showing up.  Although it would only show if you had watched Now services.

Regarding user names- forum names and user names are not the same thing.  Sometimes they are the same sometimes not depends on how the person set them up.  My user name is totally different from my forum name.  My user name is 16 characters long.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just remember to delete any redundant device from your 'Manages devices' list...

ukbobboy
Legend

@SeeMoreDigital

Cheers SMD

But I don't have any redundant devices, the same two devices I've always had, when I installed my white box back in October 2014, are the same two I have today, i.e. PC/Mac as one and Now TV box as the other.

You know, I think I understand how the "Managed Devices" option is supposed to work but it has never quite worked for me, for example, my PC as always been shown as a "Device" even though I have never used it to watch Now TV.  However, I'm not bothered by this because it does not interfere with the way I use my box, first my white box and now my black box.

Still, I'll keep an eye out on the MD option just in case my black box pops up as a new device.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, having an issue with my Now TV Box. It's under 12 months old and the transformer adaptor has stopped working. Please can you advise me on how I can obtain a replacement? Many Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear your power adaptor conked out on you.

I've sent you an email about this.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Rich, Thanks so much. My disabled Hubby is lost without his Now TV! Look forward to recieving the replacement, many thanks x
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I came to watch TV through my now TV box this morning and there is no life from it. No front LED lighting up, pressing anything on the controller doesn't have any effect.
I have tried unplugging everything, even the mains cable from the socket with no such luck.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch, very sorry to hear this. Can you put a pin in the hole at the rear of the box for 15 secs and try the update again please. 

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just read this and reset box now working!