cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box has suddenly stopped working.

Now TV Box been working fine till tonight then suddenly stopped working.Tried restting by pushing in the pin to restore it sees my network I enter correct password it goes through cycle then tells me cannot connect?I have a Virgin Media Superhub and all other devices connect to it fine.One of the suggestions I have seen is to check for udates via settings but when you do a reset you cannot get to that screen if it does not connect to the network wireless?

Suggestions would be areciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router this guide from Virgin should help. 

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi I've done all this and my box isn't working and is on the right source on the tv
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've now got the same problem, the screen keeps going black, but it was connecting fine before, any help please?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Does the white light on the front of the nowtv box remain on or does the white light flash or there is no light showing on the box.

Have you tried switching off at the power mains both the TV and nowtv box and then disconnect & reconnect the HDMI cable at both ends.

If that fails, have you tried using a different HDMI port on your TV or another spare HDMI cable if you got one available in the house.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Simon-J

Guys

I just want to make a simple observation and that is no matter what tech/computerised kit you buy one day it WILL fail. And really you should expect these items to "give up the ghost" anytime after it's 12th month.

I, like most of you, also have a white box, which is coming up to it's second year of use, and I dread the day it will just stop working, but I am expecting it. And another thing that causes early failures is when these items are unused for six or more months, that tends to kill off most small electrical equipment. 

So, if your white box, which has no repairable parts, goes out like a light bulb after 1 or 2 years, just like you would not try to repair a bulb, bin the thing and get a replacement.

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy  

@ukbobboy wrote:

@schnapps @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Simon-J

Guys

I just want to make a simple observation and that is no matter what tech/computerised kit you buy one day it WILL fail. And really you should expect these items to "give up the ghost" anytime after it's 12th month.

I, like most of you, also have a white box, which is coming up to it's second year of use, and I dread the day it will just stop working, but I am expecting it. And another thing that causes early failures is when these items are unused for six or more months, that tends to kill off most small electrical equipment. 

So, if your white box, which has no repairable parts, goes out like a light bulb after 1 or 2 years, just like you would not try to repair a bulb, bin the thing and get a replacement.

UK Bob

You may be interested to know that John Lewis sell Now boxes with 2 year guarantees.  I doubt you will be able to get better on the high street due to their price promise.   

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268 @Anonymous User @schnapps @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Guys (especially @4268)

Spending £15.00 to get such useful device with a two year guarantee is an unbeatable bargain.

Now TV (Black) Box.jpg

UK Bob

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi all,

Looks like Tesco are currently offering a £15.00 NOW TV 'black' box bundled with either a 2 month Movie/Cinema subscription or a 3 month Entertainment subscription.

Cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5
@SeeMoreDigital most places are. It is the guarantee that is good with JL. Especially as lots of people tend to find box goes wrong after a year
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268 @Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital @schnapps @Anonymous User

Dear Forum Members

My white Now TV Box, which has just crept over it's second year of use, has died, it started to go at approximately 2.00am this morning when I tried to use it,  The screen started to blank out, for a few seconds, every 2 or 3 minutes as if the box was turning itself off and on.  

I discounted it from my TV and installed my new black box I had bought three months ago in anticipation. 

The only thing I've go to do now is reinstall Plex.

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5
@ukbobboy I have swapped over boxes myself in past without issue. You are simply using a new device.