cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box has suddenly stopped working.

Now TV Box been working fine till tonight then suddenly stopped working.Tried restting by pushing in the pin to restore it sees my network I enter correct password it goes through cycle then tells me cannot connect?I have a Virgin Media Superhub and all other devices connect to it fine.One of the suggestions I have seen is to check for udates via settings but when you do a reset you cannot get to that screen if it does not connect to the network wireless?

Suggestions would be areciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router this guide from Virgin should help. 

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't used my now tv (small white box) for a year or so but went to start using it today and I can't get it to start. I have tried resetting it by putting a pin in the reset hole for 30 secs but no joy. It has really been used since I've had it so it can't be worn out, can anyone help?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box wont come on. Ive connected the box to hdmi-1,2,3 and 4 on my tv and plugged the power adaptor into the correct socket (incase you ask) also pointed the remote directly at it , to the side of it and to the top of it , nothing. Changed batteries in the remote , nothing. When i go to hdmi 1 on my tv it tells me to check connections on the source device. If i unplug tge adaptor my tv wont even recognise anything in the hdmi so the only conclusion i have is the box is gone. Oh and i also tried the reset for 15-30 seconds too(incase you ask) any other suggestions?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

How long have you had your 'white' NOW TV box? It might have reached the end of it's useful life Smiley Sad

The original white boxes are really showing their age now as their processing power is pretty limited when it comes to running some of todays third-party apps. Some people have had some success deleting apps and/or reseting their white boxes to free up memory. However, if the problem persits you're probably better off treating yourself to the newer 'black' NOW TV box.

By contrast, the 'black' boxes which were released in Aug 2015 offer twice the RAM memory and a faster 'dual' core CPU. And can be connected to the internet via WiFi or wired ethernet.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been out today , bought a new box and I can log into the website and I've even loaded the pass I got on but when putting my email and password on screen it doesn't recognise it. I've changed the password and it still won't let me in