cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box has suddenly stopped working.

Now TV Box been working fine till tonight then suddenly stopped working.Tried restting by pushing in the pin to restore it sees my network I enter correct password it goes through cycle then tells me cannot connect?I have a Virgin Media Superhub and all other devices connect to it fine.One of the suggestions I have seen is to check for udates via settings but when you do a reset you cannot get to that screen if it does not connect to the network wireless?

Suggestions would be areciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router this guide from Virgin should help. 

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5
@surteesmat26980 Have you tried Andy-S' advise above you?
I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have tried all of that.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Sadly, you may have to get a new box as the white box is a really old model.

Or, there are other devices you can use.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

It might be worth going on to live chat to see if they can offer help.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-NOW-TV-Box-and-Roku

Click the green contact us button at the bottom of the link to reach live chat.

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @caseyb1993 @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Daisy

Just as Casey said, the white box is quite old and just as likely died due to coming to it's natural end, in fact my white box just died after two years of continuous use. 

Simply put, like a light bulb, the white boxes are now dying off and they are all coming to the end of their useful life and, just like light bulbs, the boxes have no replaceable or repairable parts.

Therefore, I suggest to all current white box owners that you should buy a Now TV black box in anticipation that within the next six or months all white boxes will have all died off.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now to box has just stopped working, If I turn it on the purple screen will load and then just go black. I've tried to reset it, I've moved it rooms and nothing works. I'm still under my 1 year warranty..I only purchased the box in May. I've got 3 active passes but I'm unable to use them. Please help!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for contacting NOW TV.

Sorry to see that you're having trouble with your NOW TV Box.

Just clarify, do you normally leave your NOW TV Nox in standby mode when not in use, or do you unplug it at the mains? Also have you ever had an issue like this previously?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Bisa

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The now tv box i have has not being working now for 3 days now. I have switch off the wall restart the whole box and also up dated the system. still not working. All the apps are not  working.

can you plase help ????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that your box isn't working.

Can you provide us with some more information please ?

Is there any error message ?

What happens when you select an app ?

The more information that you can give us the better.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

now box had stopped working, a blue light is on but there is no picture on the tv screen.. I've changed batteries in remote control but still no joy!
Please help?
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User at the back of the box, there is a tiny hole which will reset the box. Use a pin and push and hold it for about 10 seconds.

It will do a factory reset of the box and if it sorts out the problem, you will need to set it up again.