cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box has suddenly stopped working.

Now TV Box been working fine till tonight then suddenly stopped working.Tried restting by pushing in the pin to restore it sees my network I enter correct password it goes through cycle then tells me cannot connect?I have a Virgin Media Superhub and all other devices connect to it fine.One of the suggestions I have seen is to check for udates via settings but when you do a reset you cannot get to that screen if it does not connect to the network wireless?

Suggestions would be areciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router this guide from Virgin should help. 

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many thanks it's working again 😊
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please help.. my now tv box will randomly stop working and display "Please check your network settings"

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection, other devices remain connected to internet. Turning box and tv off and on again doesn't work, nor does leaving tv switched off for a few hours.

Happens regularly, really annoying and no longer impressed by NOW TV service
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried rebooting your router, it may be some localised wifi interference and rebooting the router should force it to choose the best wifi channel for your environment. Also make sure the box is in a clear space rather than on a crowded shelf or tucked behind the TV. If you still have problems you could try connecting to a different TV to see how it performs there, just to eliminate the position as the cause.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box has no light or won't turn on and I have tried resetting
Anonymous User
Not applicable
My now tv box will not respond. I have a white one no light is showing. And won't turn on I have also tried resetting countless times?? Can somebody help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

If box is showning no sign of power at all it may be that either the power adapter or box has exceeded it's life span and needs to be replaced. I'm guessing with it being a white box you've had it for some time anyway and probally isnt under warranty anymore. Do you have a second white box where you could swap power adapters around just to test, that way you could figure whether its the box or adapter. Also try power the box without the HDMI cable plugged in, if it powers up without the HDMI cable it may indicate a damaged cable.

In all honesty the white boxes are really outdated, slow and full of problems due to its old hardware so investing in a black one which can be bought quite cheap now might not be the worse idea, they perform a great deal better, must faster, crash much less (though they do still have occasioanl issues).

I used to have two white boxes myself, both which died from stress becuase they couldnt handle the tasks thrown at them. Many of the apps didnt work or constantly crashed. repalced with the black ones and couldnt belive the differance in performance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Both nowtv boxes stopped working last night, tried all the reboot, factory reset, device connects to the internet then begins an update this fails on both boxes on the 3rd set of updates. We have the white now tv boxset model 24005k.

Thanks in advance for any help on the above issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried rebooting your broadband router also to see if this helps at all?

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Both now tv boxes stooped working last night.  Internet is all working fine. I have switch off, rebooted, factory reset. Whilst completing an update the boxes which makes it up to, update 3 and then stops, the screen then becomes frozen.

can anyone please help ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Both now tv boxes stooped working last night.  Internet is all working fine. I have switch off, rebooted, factory reset. Whilst completing an update the boxes which makes it up to, update 3 and then stops, the screen then becomes frozen.

can anyone please help ?

@Anonymous User

Hi Lea

Have you tried manually adjusting your date settings if not please follow these steps

Changing the amount of ‘bits’ of data (the techie term is bitrate) streaming through your NOW TV Box could improve your picture quality.

• Press these buttons on your remote control:

Home x5
Rewind x3
Fast Forward x2

You’ll see a screen with various bitrate options. Just select ‘Automatic’ and try watching your programme again.

Let us know how you get on with this

Thanks

Aaron